Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
Laserjet Pro MFP M477fdw
macOS 10.14 Mojave

@John_Getzke please help. Mac OS 10.14, Laserjet Pro MFP M477fdw printer, will print MS Word docs without hesitation, but not  PDF's. Have restarted both devices, updated Adobe and all printer drivers and firmware (multiple times now...!) to no avail. SO FRUSTRATED. No idea what to do. Please help. @John Getske

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Save pdf file on a USB drive, and plug a USB drive in front USB port that is under front panel and try to print pdf from USB to see will it print.

My profile on LinkedIn

HP Recommended

Unfortunately, didn't work. Am wondering if it is possibly a file size issue?? Am able to print some PDF's but not others, and can't figure out how to predict. For example, one file is from a Hallmark card making program, and is 4.6 MB in size. Whether I try to print directly from the Hallmark program, or save as a pdf and try to print, am unable to print. Can open and view in either format, but not print. Infuriating since spent hours creating.

HP Recommended

PS other Hallmark cards I"ve made still print without any problems, just can't print the one I made for my husband's anniversary(!)

HP Recommended

PS other Hallmark cards I"ve made still print without any problems, just can't print the one I made for my husband's anniversary(!). And no, putting it on a USB and printing that way didn't work either.

HP Recommended

I had the same problem. Solved it for me the following way:

1. Make sure you have latest firmware installed on the printer.

2. Go to the Printer settings in OS X

3. Unlock the preference pane if locked.

4. Right click in the field where the printers are listed.

5. Selected "Reset Printing Subsystem" (or something like that - have a german configuration).

6. Add the Printer again - make sure it uses "secure AirPrint".

Done. Works like a charm on any PDF and Images now for me. Hope it helps.

Best

Hardy 

HP Recommended

Thanks; no it didn't work, but I appreciate the input.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.