Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Laserjet 100 color MFP M175nw
Mac OS X 10.11 El Capitan

Hi,

I get a Sensor error on my screen of the Laserjet, with the recommendation to turn off/on. Did this several times, but no success. Please help!

C.

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

What is the error?

Sensors suggest a problem with the paper path and jamming.  The paper path sensors are used to confirm that the paper moves correctly from one area to another.  When a sensor fails to notice the paper passing through it sends off a paper jam warning for that area and asks the user to take a look. 

In the case of paper jams its more common that a roller has gotten worn out and is causing the jams than an actual sensor going bad.  Roller kits are much simpler and easy to install than a new sensor too.

Experts are not HP Employees. Experts are advanced users, administrators, technicians, engineers or business partners who volunteer their time to answer community questions.

Please mark anything that is helpful with a Kudo.
When you are done troubleshooting, please mark one of the responses as the Solution.
This feedback enhances the community by helping future readers choose between multiple similar responses.

HP Recommended

Is there a way around this problem? The printer worked fine for a while, but the sensor error is back.

HP Recommended

The solution is not to work around the error but to solve the problem that is causing it.  As I mentioned before sensor errors are normally the result of paper jams. 

In the rare case that a sensor is broken you would have to figure out which one is damaged and replace it.  You can normally do this by running paper path tests from the control panel of the printer.  Otherwise trial and error will isolate the broken sensor eventually.

Experts are not HP Employees. Experts are advanced users, administrators, technicians, engineers or business partners who volunteer their time to answer community questions.

Please mark anything that is helpful with a Kudo.
When you are done troubleshooting, please mark one of the responses as the Solution.
This feedback enhances the community by helping future readers choose between multiple similar responses.

HP Recommended

Hmmm... once the printer is started (after initialization) it immediately says sensor error. So, I do not think there is a way to do any tests...

Do you know where to buy the spare parts?

HP Recommended
am having HP sensor error on my screen pro 100
HP Recommended
how can I solve the sensor error message problem
HP Recommended

I have an LASERJET PRO 100 COLOR MFP M175nw that has worked well for some years but suddenly showed "Motor error (OK)". That could be OK'd away but after some time it was there again and soon it came moore often. So one day I got "Sensor error" and and all operations were blocked nothing could be done. Restarting didn't help. I searched the internet but found nothing helpful instead I found the service manual. I decided to have a look inside the machine so I removed one toner catridge (they couldn't be revolved) and the image drum. Now I did see two piles of toner powder at the bottom just below each end of the catridges, piles of around one cubiccentimeter. This couldn't be good and I suspected more could be hidden deeper inside the machine. After reading the service manual several times I decided to remove the ITB assembly. Beware - this is not an easy task many tricky to remove parts has to removed first. When the ITB assembly came out moore piles of toner powder were revealed. I had an old vacuumcleaner that I could use with a thin tubing taped to the hoose. I could clean it well but I also saw the the toner powder had come into the gear revolving the cartridges and that was a little harder to loosen. I had to use a long needle and I couldn't remove all. Putting the machine together was somewhat easier than expected and when I eventually started again - IT WORKED. NO ERRORS! Now it has been working two weeks. There is some rattling noise that is new but since it works I don't care. Probably powder in the gear could give "Motor error (OK)" and later the powder may have interfered with some sensor. If you intend to do this yourself follow the procedures in the service manual carefully. Also there is an error in the service manual (Edition 1, 4/2011). The "Left-front cover" must be removed. Good luck!
Rudh

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.