Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
scrapjunky
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Solved!

Laserjet 4345mfp install new hard disk then what?

HP Recommended
HP Laserjet 4345MFP

I need to install a new hard drive in this unit. How do I initialize it so the printer will reconize it?

2 REPLIES 2
davidzuts
Level 13
7,130 7,121 558 1,025
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hard-disk initialization
A hard-disk initialization erases and reformats the hard disk. Perform a hard-disk initialization only if
an error message on the control-panel indicates a disk error. Always try initializing the hard disk
before replacing it.
NOTE Before performing a hard-disk initialization, print a menu map and a configuration
page. See Information pages. Use the information on these pages to reset any customerspecific
settings.
CAUTION A hard-disk initialization deletes the following information: all stored copy jobs, the
local address book (e-mail addresses), the speed-dial list (fax numbers), and the Java™
applet files.
To perform a hard-disk initialization
1 Turn the MFP off and then on.
2 When the memory count appears on the control-panel display, press the right-hand side of the
START button until all three LEDs are lit. Release the START button.
3 Press 5 one time. INITIALIZE DISK appears on the control-panel display.
4 Press 6 one time. A series of asterisks appears on the control-panel display. Wait for the MFP to
complete its initialization sequence.

0 Kudos
scrapjunky
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I purchased the unit at an Auction and the previous owner removed the hard drive. I ordered a new one but wasn't sure how to set it up. When the part comes in, I will follow your instructions and repost. Thanks for your help.

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation