Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hi leutzu_mik, 

Ok, after a couple days testing let me know if the basic driver is still working properly. 

I am an HP employee.

Say Thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.

Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
HP Recommended

I HAVE SAME PROBLEM

hp cp and hp system tray stop working

i reinstaled driver . and updated it .

i reinstaleed firm ware .

i also unchecked bidirectional .

i have still my problem and my problem didnt fix . 

i read all pages and i just find out hp techs are useless and all their solutions end nothing . it takes one year to solve this problem and hp did nothing to solve it .

i m so sad that i didnt bought canon or samsung printer . at least they can fixed their drivers .

if any one could fixed this problem please please send me a email and tell how to fixed it .

my email : {Personal Information Removed}

HP Recommended

Hello AIAdvantage,

I have the same printer and was experiencing the issue same issue. I searched a few forums & unfortunately none of the solutions given helped me.

I am a Network Administrator (not for HP in case you are wondering and I am not saying HP is bad either) so I went off on my own poking around to see what could be the issue. I did find my problem and was able to resolve it.

I have some questions for you & they could potentially lead to your solution. I'm sure you may have bought a new printer by now but if you still have it you can put it back to use. I did not read every post you made so forgive me if you have answered them in previous posts.

How do you have this printer installed on your windows 7, via usb or ethernet cable?

Have you tried installing it both usb and ethernet just trying to get around the error?

Try looking in the following area and look for any secondary ports that may still hold a HP Mac address or even a HP_IP address.

-Start

-Devices and Printers

Here you should have only 1 HP LaserJet Professional CP1020 Series, if you have multiple we may have found your issue.

In case there are multiple delete any existing copies of the printer.

-Right click on your defaulted HP LaserJet Professional CP1020 Series

-Printer Properties

-Ports tab

First things first... Uncheck "enable bidirectional support"

In this location look for Multiple entries of your HP LaserJet Professional CP1020 Series

If there is more than one port being used by your Printer, select the ports and delete them.

Even if you have uninstalled the printer the ports will hold the previous installations which will cause the error you are experiencing.

I found I had two entries, I deleted one of them and since then I have never experienced this issue.

This may or may not be the answer to your problem but if you are still interested in sovling it you may give this a try.

Thanks,

-Jethro

HP Recommended

My CP1025nw had started two days go giving a message "HP Setcom tray status has stopped", then still printing.

diddybrown's suggestion (untick two dimensional printing) partly worked. If I give a print order, it now prints wthout insering a message.

But when I open the machine, it still gives the message. Very annoying.

HP Recommended

Hi,

I don't want to waist any more of my time or yours.

There are two ways to solve this problem.

1- Buy another brand printer, November 2012 I bought a Lexmark CS310n color laser printer and forgot about this p.Juck.

2- If you have the time. Do a factory system restore. That will bring your computer back to the configuration of the 1st day you turned your computer on.  That means that you have to backup all your data and collect all your software CDs to reinstall all your software, printers and other accessories and restore your data. This may take several hours.

The 2nd choice will most likly fix your problem but there is no gauranty that the problem will not occur again.

Good luck

HP Recommended

Hi Everyone,

Message 49 - Solved - Re: Laserjet CP1025nw HP system tray has stopped working

I am an HP employee.

Say Thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.

Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
HP Recommended

A quick run through.

1. I had "Laserjet CP1025mw HP system tray has stopped working' message both when I opened i comouter and when I gave a print order. It still printed though.

2. On the advice of someone on this column, I tried unticking "Bidirectional support" on Ports on the printer icon in Control Cetre.

3. I know get no message when I print.

4. But I do get the message every time I open the machine. 

One way is, I am told, to uninstall and then re-install the printer (online). Probablythe Basic Printer drive.

Quesrion:

A. Is there any tother way?

B. If I do the reinstall, is the Basic drive the one to do?

Probia

HP Recommended

pcwizard wrote:

Hi leutzu_mik, 

Follow the steps below to uninstall and reinstall the printer. If you are still unable to get this printer installed on this computer try installing it on a different computer, and let me know if you experience the same issues?

1. Open Control Panel

2. Click on Uninstall a program

3. Uninstall the Laserjet CP1025 from the list

4. Reboot your computer

5. Download and install the latest version of Adobe flash player

http://www.adobe.com/support/flashplayer/downloads.html

6. Download the basic driver, and then reinstall the printer.

HP LaserJet Basic Driver

That didn't work for me,  but these steps did:

1. Open Control Panel

2. Click on Uninstall a program

3. Uninstall the Laserjet CP1025 from the list

4) Reboot

5) Open Control Panel

6. Click on Uninstall a program

7. Uninstall any other HP software (provided you don't have other HP devices installed).  For me I just  uninstalled "HP Update"

😎 run Regedit and delete any instances of CP1025  printer

9) Install the full suite software package for CP1025 printer, found here:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=lj-86479-6&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&...

This worked for me.  No more "system tray has stopped working " popups under any circumstances.   I can now print problem free and run printer utilities,  check ink levels etc.

I don't know if all steps were necessary, maybe it was just a matter of installing the full software package rather than just the basic driver? 

HP Recommended

Thank you! You are excellent. This way resolved my problem. Thank you again. 🙂

HP Recommended

Thank you!!!! This was a right way to delete this error message. You are very good in pc knowledge!!!!!!!!! 

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.