Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
HP Laserjet M102W

Just bought a brand new HP Laserjet M102W.

Pulled it out with some force but it does not come out. No luck.

1. Pulling it out straight away isn't possible since there are 2 flexible flaps at each end.

2. Moved the flexible flaps upwards and the toner seems on its way out.

However, I can't take the risk to pull it out with force in case the 2 flexible flaps break.

I searched videos online & read the instructions manual. Nothing!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended
Problem Solved. The flaps which blocked the toner out of its way went down after the printer completed its first boot cycle.

What is disgraceful is that this is nowhere mentioned in the manuals as well as on HP website!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended
Let's try.The flaps is that the one closing over the drum.Are you going to replace toner.The other option will be to remove covers on the side of machine and remove the drive gear to the drum unit.I would just try and remove the toner with a bit of force but olso be careful not to break the machine guide's or gears.Hope this will help.
I am A certified Copier Technician.
It is so nice to give some help where possible and the forum is a great idea Thank You.Sometimes a picture speaks louder than words to find a solution.Should you find my help use full just give some credit for my effort please.
.Thank You.Copier-Pro
If you found this post helpful, you can let others know and also show your appreciation by clicking the “Accept as Solution”button, “Thumbs up" button!

#################################################################
I'M NOT AN HP EMPLOYEE AND DO ANSWER THESE QUESTION ON MY OWN BEHALF.
#################################################################
HP Recommended
Problem Solved. The flaps which blocked the toner out of its way went down after the printer completed its first boot cycle.

What is disgraceful is that this is nowhere mentioned in the manuals as well as on HP website!
HP Recommended

Thank you very much. This helped me a lot. I struggled to remove the toner on my new HP Laserjet Pro M102w until I read your post.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.