Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended

I have the same problem.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@csmf

May I know what exactly is the issue?

I suggest you Restore the Network Settings back to Factory Defaults

Press and hold the Resume and Cancel button until the Ready light begins blinking,then release the Resume and Cancel button.

Next Open a web browser, and in the address line, type the IP address or host name exactly as it displays on the printer configuration page.

Press the Enter key on the computer keyboard. The EWS opens.

NOTE: If the web browser displays a message indicating that accessing the website might not be safe, select the option to continue to the website. Accessing this website will not harm the computer.

Go to the Service tab. In the Restore Defaults area, click the Restore defaults button. The printer automatically restarts

Next Connect the printer back to your Network. 

Keep me posted how it goes 😊

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

We have two separate networks in the office. The printer is connected to Network-1, now I need to connect it to Network-2. How do I switch to Network-2?

Thanks

HP Recommended

@csmf

Office Networks require special permission to configure printers and other devices

I suggest you contact you Office Admin

Thank you 

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

I already configured the printer with the installation software from HP's site. I had to connect a USB cable to do so. I printed the config and it shows 192.168.1.84 as the IP for the printer. If I ping the printer, there is no response. The same if I try http://192.168.1.84 the webpage for the printer does not come up. The wifi button is solid blue.

HP Recommended

@csmf

The printer might have been configured with the Software but it still needs admin access to be able to connect to the Network. As mentioned earlier, all office networks are secured and have admin rights for security reasons. That is why only the IT Team or Network Admin in the Office can grant the access and print permissions

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.