01-02-2020 07:16 AM
My printer has stopped scanning and copying. It worked fine after I updated the software and then I lost the ability to scan and copy again.
If you try to copy in black and white is starts to calibrate and then goes back to the normal screen. No copy is made. And this happens when you try to scan using HP Scan and HP LJ M177 Scan Driver.
Is this a common problem?
01-04-2020 11:58 AM
Welcome to the HP Support Community. I'd be happy to assist you. let us try these steps to resolve this issue:
Reset the printer
- With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.
- Wait at least 60 seconds.
- Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the printer.
- Turn ON the printer, if it does not automatically turn on.
- Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you proceed.
Note: HP recommends connecting the printer directly to a wall outlet rather than a surge protector or a power strip.
Check the scanner bar functionality
Perform a visual test of the scanner mechanism to see if it is jammed.
- Remove any original documents or photos from the scanner glass.
- Lift the scanner lid slightly, and then press the Copy button or icon.
If the scanner light does not move or moves halfway or is not lit, the scanner mechanism is likely jammed/broken.
Resetting the printer may help.
- The reset instructions are specific for your printer and performing those steps on a different printer may corrupt the device.
- I've sent you a private message with reset instructions, follow the reset instruction to perform a full reset and re-initialize the printer.
- In order to access your private messages, click the private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Forums profile, next to your profile Name or simply click on this link: https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/notes/privatenotespage
Hope this helps! Keep me posted.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
Have a great day!
I am an HP Employee
01-04-2020 02:24 PM
@DerrickG721, yes, that was the right sequence to perform a reset.
If the issue persists, please contact our HP Support team for Service Options as it could be a possible hardware issue:
1) Click on this link - www.hp.com/contacthp/
2) Select your product type below.
3) Enter the serial of your device.
4) Select the country from the drop-down.
5) Select the appropriate option based on your preference.
6) Fill the web-form and proceed further.
Keep me posted for any other assistance.
If you feel my post solved your issue, please click “Accept as Solution”, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
I am an HP Employee