Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
Laserjet MFP M130fw
macOS 10.14 Mojave

I own a Laserjet MFP M130fw and I can print wirelessly from my Mac Pro Desktop with no problem. But when I try to print wirelessly from my MacBook Pro (15-inch, 2018), it doesn't connect. It use to, but not anymore.

So I did the following:

Uninstalled all HP Utility and Smart applications.

Used Wizard on the printer to redo wireless ability (it wasn't necessary but I did it anyway) 

Reinstalled all HP Utility and Smart applications

Restarted my router.

At this point, it would still not connect. It recognized the printer but said it wasn't connected.

I restarted my laptop into Safe Mode, where it DID indeed, recognize the printer and print.

My last resort is to reinstall Mojave or upgrade to Catalina.

Any suggestions before I resort to that last line?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

If it does work on Safe Mode, it might be due to any security software installed on your Mac.

Please make sure the Firewall is disabled under System Preferences > Security & Privacy and check if you may see any difference.

If you also have any 3rd party security software, be sure to temporarily disable its firewall and deny it doesn't affect the connection with your printer.

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

If it does work on Safe Mode, it might be due to any security software installed on your Mac.

Please make sure the Firewall is disabled under System Preferences > Security & Privacy and check if you may see any difference.

If you also have any 3rd party security software, be sure to temporarily disable its firewall and deny it doesn't affect the connection with your printer.

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
HP Recommended

That worked. I have to look up how to allow the printer to receive incoming .

HP Recommended

On McAfee Firewall, the printer has to be set for public, not Home or Office, then it works.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.