Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended

Hi,

I have the issue. ...except my printer's rear door is actually not fully closing. It won't close fully; the right side of it is out about a tenth of an inch.  I get the "rear door open" error message at startup, and therefore NO PRINTS!

I have studied all the mechanical pieces that operate the closure and nothing seems broken. I can push the door closed- so it's flush, but it still senses that the door is open.

I confess that I did also try to use force, like a firm hand whack, but no luck.  The next stop is the town's e-waste dumster at the transfer-station..... huge waste of money and materials for a mind bogglingly simple problem.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

-m

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I will try and assist.If nothing seems to be broken make sure that the second transfer roller (spongy roller) on the back door is in place.Then on the door there should be a pin type notch that will push into a hole on the frame of the printer.This will activate the microswitch for the door.I think this slot or hole that i am referring to is on the right hand side in the corner of the closing door.Hope you will understand my way to try and explain.Just find that interlock microswitch that will tell the machine that the door is closed.

I am A certified Copier Technician.
It is so nice to give some help where possible and the forum is a great idea Thank You.Sometimes a picture speaks louder than words to find a solution.Should you find my help use full just give some credit for my effort please.
.Thank You.Copier-Pro
If you found this post helpful, you can let others know and also show your appreciation by clicking the “Accept as Solution”button, “Thumbs up" button!

#################################################################
I'M NOT AN HP EMPLOYEE AND DO ANSWER THESE QUESTION ON MY OWN BEHALF.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

I will try and assist.If nothing seems to be broken make sure that the second transfer roller (spongy roller) on the back door is in place.Then on the door there should be a pin type notch that will push into a hole on the frame of the printer.This will activate the microswitch for the door.I think this slot or hole that i am referring to is on the right hand side in the corner of the closing door.Hope you will understand my way to try and explain.Just find that interlock microswitch that will tell the machine that the door is closed.

I am A certified Copier Technician.
It is so nice to give some help where possible and the forum is a great idea Thank You.Sometimes a picture speaks louder than words to find a solution.Should you find my help use full just give some credit for my effort please.
.Thank You.Copier-Pro
If you found this post helpful, you can let others know and also show your appreciation by clicking the “Accept as Solution”button, “Thumbs up" button!

I'M NOT AN HP EMPLOYEE AND DO ANSWER THESE QUESTION ON MY OWN BEHALF.
HP Recommended

HAY!!

THANK YOU SO MUCH!! I fliped the machine over so I could study the swith system in the upper right(in normal upright orientation) and monkeyed with it a bit, and PRESTO! the door shut!!

You saved me about $250...wow....

THANK YOU SO MUCH!

-m

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.