Post new question
Question

Student
Message 1 of 4 (557 Views)

Laserjet Pro MFP M225dw won't print or copy Error 49

Product Name: Laserjet Pro MFP M225dw
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My Laserjet Pro MFP M225dw was working fine from my phone and computer on fios then we switched to Brighthouse and they gave me a Dual Band router from the moment I have had this service and tried to print it has said Error 49 and nothing comes out.  I first tried from my phone and the printer said receiving but nothing printed.  It can locate the Wifi anyway even Pushbutton but it always says Channel 1 underneath which I think is the problem.  The Brighthouse guy came back and tried everything even direct connect to the service and nothing ever printed.  The printer won't receivie the drivers we are trying to print to it.  It won't print any of the diagnostic prints even directly from the machine.  It has been turned off and reset that way many times.  Ran HP Doctor, etc. 

0 Kudos
Retired
Message 2 of 4 (521 Views)

Re: Laserjet Pro MFP M225dw won't print or copy Error 49

[ Edited ]

Hey @Ladybug051,

Welcome to the HP Support Forums!

I see that you are having some issues with printing to your Laserjet M225dw Printer after changing routers. I can help you with that, however the first thing that would need to be done is to contact Brighthouse and ask them to do the following on the router:

• Open all Ports.
  • Enable Multicasting.
  • Disable MAC Filtering/MAC Cloning.
  • Disable the Guest network.
  • Make sure the network has a 2.4 GHz band.

Once they have done this I will be better able to assist you.

~DocCottle
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” below the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.

Please click the Thumbs up icon below to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Support Agent
Message 3 of 4 (391 Views)

Student
Message 4 of 4 (226 Views)

Phone company came and replaced our router (ADSL) for a different new one; the printer stopped working ever since. It displays error 49 or "Memory is low" when you try to make a copy.

I have tried several procedures I found on the internet but none of them has worked so far.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation