01-20-2020 10:37 AM
My printer wont print, however it will scan and copy. I have uninstalled and reinstalled several times, reinstalled drivers as well. I keep getting an error Printer has experienced an unexpected configuration problem 0x80070005.
I do not want to set it up Wifi, we have a wired connection and it somehow isn't recognizing it anymore.
Also downloaded the lastest firmware update and that will not work either. Says failure with error 122. The data area passed to a systems call is too small.
01-22-2020 04:05 PM
Welcome to HP support community.
This seems to be a driver issue.
Did you uninstall the printer from root level and reinstall it?
If not, follow the below steps:
Perform root level uninstallation to remove all the printer related software's.
- In Windows, search for and open Programs and Features.
- Select your HP printer.
- Select Uninstall.
- In Windows, search for and open Devices and Printers.
- In the Devices and Printers window look for your HP Printer. If you see it listed, right-click on it and choose "Delete" or "Remove Device.”
- Open up the run command with the "Windows Key + R" key combo.
- Type printui.exe /s and click OK.
- Click on Drivers tab.
- Look for HP Printer driver. If you see it click on it and click Remove at the bottom.
- Select OK.
- Remove all instances of the same.
- Select Apply and OK on the Print Server Properties windows.
- Close Devices and Printers.
- Restart the PC again.
Download and install printer full feature driver
Click here to download the driver.
I hope that helps.
To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.
I am an HP Employee