Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
Example: LaserJet 506dn

Hi,

I Lost/Forgot the administrator password for our HP Lasetjet 506dn. Is there anyway to reset it without restoring to default setting?

If need to restore to default settings, who do i perfrom a reset to default?

Thank you very much,

Francis

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi,

Thank you for visiting HP Support Forum,
I doubt you can recover the password. The only option is to restore to factory defaults. (This will clear all custom setting and have to reconfigure)

You may want to try reseting your device to factory deafaults .
At the product control panel, select the Administration menu, and then select the General Settings menu -> Restore Factory Settings

hope this helps

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.

*Say thanks by clicking the "Kudos! Star" which is on the left*
Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue .
HP Recommended

When I press the Home key, it only gives me 2 options, Sign In and  Retrieve From Device Memory. 

Normally I can press the up or down arrow, but that does not work and will not even allow me to change between the two options. I need to reset the printer settings but am locked out.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.