Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
LaserJet Pro M104w
Android 7.0 - 7.1.2 Nougat

I see my printer LaserJet Pro M104w by usb connecting with android 7.1. But the printer isn't avaible to choose. Its recommended to install a printer driver for my phone by other mobile printing programs. But where isnt any driver for my model of printer... HP Print Service dont help me also.

So how can I print from my phone to LaserJet Pro M104w by usb connecting? I need printing in my car, so i cant use wifi connection. Help me please!!

12 REPLIES 12
HP Recommended

@Ekaterina92

Greetings!

Welcome to the HP Community. This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips to your technical queries. I have reviewed your post and I understand, you are trying to print from your Android phone.

Don't worry, I'm here to help! Please refer to this video link for steps -

How To Set Up a Wireless HP Printer from Android?

Hope this helps!

Let me know how that goes.

To thank us for our efforts to help you, click here to access your public post and Select - "Accept as solution" and click on the purple "Thumbs up". 

Have a great day!

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi,

I meet the same issue, Have you resolve it?

Thanks,

Gilpin

HP Recommended

@gilpin_li

Thank you for reaching out to the HP Support Community. 

Have you tried the steps mentioned in my previous post yet? 

Let me know. 

To help the community find this post, click here to access our public post and Select - "Accept as solution", have a good day.

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

@gilpin_li

Thanks for replying. Appreciate your patience. 

HP LaserJet Pro M104w Printer does not support USB OTG connection. 

Refer to this document to know more. 

Have a great day!

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi @asmita6658

refer to you link, I found that HP LaserJet Pro M104w Printer should support "HP Print Service Plugin (Android)" feature.

printer.png

HP Recommended

@gilpin_li

Thanks for getting back.

Yes, you can use other methods listed in the document for your printer. But as the OTG is not listed, it will not work properly. 

Let me know if you have any other questions. 

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi, Please check my question carefully again. I try to use the HP LaserJet Pro M104w Printer from my android device by use featue  "HP Print Service Plugin (Android)" , And the HP LaserJet Pro M104w is in the suppport list of  "HP Print Service Plugin (Android)".

From the use guide of "HP Print Service Plugin (Android)", It must need a USB OTG Cable to connect android device and HP LaserJet Pro M104w Printer !!!!

That's my question!

HP Recommended

https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c05384190

refer to this doc, There is a list which can't support USB OTG printe. HP LaserJet Pro M104w  is not in the list

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.