Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
Laserjet m130fw
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Printing from a MS Word document with an embedded jpg image. Send doc to printer but disappears into the ether. Print same document with jpg removed, prints fine. 

We have letter headed documents to print fairly frequently and I can use an alternative printer but this is a pretty major flaw. Printing from an alterntive application (Paint was one suggestion) is not an option.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@OldBoathouse

Thanks for the reply,

I have double checked on the issue your facing and found a good step that could work.

1. Display the Word Options dialog box. (In Word 2007 click the Office button and then click Word Options. In Word 2010 or Word 2013 display the File tab of the ribbon and then click Options.)

2. Click Advanced at the left of the dialog box.

Figure 2. The Display options for Word.
  3. Click Display at the left of the dialog box. (See Figure 2.)
  4. Make sure the Print Drawings Created in Word check box is selected.
  5. Make sure the Print Background Colors and Images check box is selected.
  6. Click OK.

Keep me posted, Hope this should help you.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution and Kudos buttons, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!
Have a great day!

Cheers:)

Raj1788
I am an HP Employee 

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

@OldBoathouse

Welcome to HP Forums, 

This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips, 

Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you out 🙂 

As I understand you are facing issues with printing.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details: 

Did you try any troubleshooting steps before contacting us?

How long are you facing this issue?

Meanwhile, Follow the steps given below:

follow these steps to reset the printer.

Turn the printer on, if it is not already on.

Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you continue.

With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.

Unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.

Wait at least 60 seconds.

Plug the power cord back into the wall outlet.

NOTE:

HP recommends connecting the printer power cord directly to the wall outlet.

Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the printer.

Turn on the printer, if it does not automatically turn on.

The printer might go through a warm-up period. The printer lights might flash, and the carriage might move.

Wait until the warm-up period finishes and your printer is idle and silent before you proceed.

Once done, follow this link https://hp.care/2LebhJ0 and install the full feature driver software. 🙂

Let me know how that pans out.

I hope you have a good day ahead,

And Feel free to ask any other queries as  well,

Considering, this forum has some of the best people in the world available and ready to help. 😉

Barachiel
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Yes, that set of drivers was already installed after all the other issues I have had with this printer. I installed it yet again, just to show willing.

This issue is pretty cut and dried. The printer will print a MS Word doc no problem but as soon as there is a jpg logo in there is prints into thin air. The same doc rewritten as pdf will print (that is a work round, not a fix and unacceptable). So, this printer running the latest software and drivers will it print a document if that doc includes a jpg element.

HP Recommended

@OldBoathouse

Thanks for the reply,

It looks like you were interacting with @Barachiel, but he is out for the day & I'll be glad to help you out. 

I'm Raj1788 & I'm at your service. 

To provide you with an accurate solution, I'll need a few more details:

"embedded jpg" do you mean you are copying JPG Image to Word document?

What happens if you print from Paint application?

Keep me posted, have a great day!

Raj1788
I am an HP Employee 

HP Recommended

I have several word documents, including a template that we use as our business letterhead. It is simply a MS Word file with a jpg logo cut and paste into a table in the document. The document will print without the jpg logo in it and will not print with the jpg logo in it.

I do not use Paint. I have no idea how to cut and paste my jpg logo into it and even if it does print, what then?

I have already explained that the printer will print the logo when I convert the file to a pdf.

My HP Laserjet Pro 400 M424dw prints these files without issue. Why does the M130fw not?

HP Recommended

@OldBoathouse

Thanks for the reply,

I have double checked on the issue your facing and found a good step that could work.

1. Display the Word Options dialog box. (In Word 2007 click the Office button and then click Word Options. In Word 2010 or Word 2013 display the File tab of the ribbon and then click Options.)

2. Click Advanced at the left of the dialog box.

Figure 2. The Display options for Word.
  3. Click Display at the left of the dialog box. (See Figure 2.)
  4. Make sure the Print Drawings Created in Word check box is selected.
  5. Make sure the Print Background Colors and Images check box is selected.
  6. Click OK.

Keep me posted, Hope this should help you.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution and Kudos buttons, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!
Have a great day!

Raj1788
I am an HP Employee 

HP Recommended

Spot on.  Works fine

It should be noted that this option is not required when printing to the Laserjet Pro 400 M425dw so something on the HP side had changed for the M130fw.

Many thanks for the effort, and quick, too.

HP Recommended

@OldBoathouse

Thanks for the reply,

I'm glad to hear you found the solution you were looking for.

Thanks for taking the time to let the community know about the solution.

You've been great to work with and it has been a genuine pleasure interacting with you.

I hope both you and your product works great and remain healthy for a long time 😉

Take care now and do have a fabulous week ahead.

:)Cheers:)

Raj1788
I am an HP Employee 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.