Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended

In this day and age this process should not be this hard.

Printed instructions do not match files available on the CD.

Attempts to connect to WiFi through downloaded app per 123.hp.com are failing because it does not accept the WiFi password. Yes, I confirmed that it is the correct password.

Any ideas on moving through this?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@SVTOTEM 
Hello,

Try the following solution:

1. Turn the printer off.
  2. Press and hold the Cancel button ().
  3. Press and hold while turning on the printer for 60 seconds. Then release this button when the printer is ready.

Please use the HP LaserJet Pro M203dw Printer Full Feature Software and Drivers to install your printer.

In case of need, do not hesitate to solicit us.

Best regards,:Wink:

I'm not an HP employee. Did this message answer your question? Include it below as an Accept As Solution! Did you find this message useful?  Click on the thumbs up set to give a Compliment! Follow us on Facebook Assistance customers HP.

HP Recommended

Thank you for the reply, but after three hours of messing with this I boxed it up and will return it in the morning. The faulty printed instructions, inadequate and evidently outdated CD files, and directions to download an app from Apple that failed to work properly are totally unacceptable and an embarrassment to the previous good reputation for printers enjoyed by HP. An ineffectual robot chat support system was of no help since it did not allow the customer to ask the actual question, and the charge of $99.99 for a live chat to overcome HP's poor documentation and setup files was an insult. I will seek another brand of printer.

Regarding your suggestion, I did try that when I saw it in the troubleshooting section. It reference I found did not stipulate holding the buttons for 60 seconds, but I held them until an additional light illuminated after about twenty seconds. It was a good suggestion, but the issues seems to reside in the app. Your suggested download files might have helped, but we will never know. Those files should have been identified in the documentation.

HP Recommended

@SVTOTEM 

Thanks for your return,

For MacOS, please use HP Easy Start to install your printer.

The drivers you have proposed are available on the following HP page:

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-laserjet-pro-m203-printer-series/9365400/model/9...

Please restart the printer, computer, and router for solve this problem.
  1. Turn the printer off, and then wait 10 seconds.
  2. Disconnect the printer power cord from the printer.
  3. Turn off the computer or the device you are trying to print from.
  4. Connect the printer power cord to the printer, and then turn on the printer.
  5. Disconnect the power cord from your wireless router, and then wait 30 seconds.
  6. Reconnect the power cord to the router.
     NOTE: 
    Wait until internet service is restored. Internet service is interrupted while the router is off.
  7. Wait at least 3 minutes, then turn on the computer.
  8. Launch installation the printer with HP Easy Start.

I remain at your disposal in case of need.

Best regards,😎

I'm not an HP employee. Did this message answer your question? Include it below as an Accept As Solution! Did you find this message useful?  Click on the thumbs up set to give a Compliment! Follow us on Facebook Assistance customers HP.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.