Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
If you're having print quality issues Click here for more tips!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP Color Laserjet Pro M252dw
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

This printer has had light use at home and there is plenty of toner in each cartridge.

It has started producing vertical black streaks on the left side of the paper, with a horizontal pattern repeating every 1.1 inches (picture below).

What do I need to clean to fix this please?

Mike

printer.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Your stated measurement does not correlate to any item but is closest to the Primary charge roller at 0.93" and based on the picture that would be my guess. Replace the black cartridge and you should be good to go.

Screen Shot 2020-08-06 at 6.11.04 AM.png

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Your stated measurement does not correlate to any item but is closest to the Primary charge roller at 0.93" and based on the picture that would be my guess. Replace the black cartridge and you should be good to go.

Screen Shot 2020-08-06 at 6.11.04 AM.png

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

HP Recommended

Thanks for the prompt and helpful reply. I have ordered a new cartridge and will let you know how it goes.

Mike

HP Recommended

A new black cartridge fixed the problem. The old one was more than half full so clearly poor quality.

Thanks again for fixing my printer!

Mike

HP Recommended

If the failed cartridge was an OEM HP it would be covered by their supplies warranty.

HP Recommended

It's not a genuine HP cartridge but the supplier does guarantee them so it's going back.

Mike

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.