Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
M276
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Double sided printing issue. Have already uninstalled/reinstalled/updated drivers, etc.

Printing using system dialogue; everything set up for double sided printing. I get message saying printer will stop after even number pages, reload and press continue. BUT the printer doesn't stop, and simply continues with the odd number pages on new paper upside down.

Anyone managed to fix this as I've tried all the fixes I found online for duplex related problems.

Thanks

Scobes

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi,
Make sure the Automatic Duplexing option is enabled:

Enter Control Panel > Devices and Printers.
Right-click the printer icon, then click Printer Properties.
Click the Device Settings tab.
Set the Automatic Two-Sided Duplex Accessory as installed and click OK to save the change.

Now Automatic Duplexing should become available.

If you experience further issues, please let us know your exact and full printer model, including its identifier (e.g. M276dn, M276nw, etc.):

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03770424

Regards,
Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
HP Recommended

Hello again. I got it to work once by enabling "Allow Manual Duplexing", which was the only option I could find which seemed relevant. It then stopped working the next time I tried.

The specific model is Laserjet Pro 200 MFP M276nw

So, it seems like it doesn't save the option or sometimes it doesn't stop having printed the odd numbered pages; and just continues with the even numbered pages backwards and upside down.

Thanks for any suggestions

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.