Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
Mfp m276nw laserjet

Hp laserjet m276nw will not hold wireless connectivity.  Turn off and on gets it back for a short time (less than 8-12 hours).  Defined ip in router and in printer to no avail.  This has been going on for a long time but we are finally tired of it.  Any ideas how to fix?  Thanks. 

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@Ron1055, Welcome to HP Support Community!

I understand you have wireless issues on the printer, to provide you with an accurate solution, I'd like to know the following-

• Is your router dual-band enabled i.e., both 2.4GHz and 5GHz?
  • What is the distance between the router and the printer?
  • What is the make and model of your router?
  • What is the Operating System installed on your computer?

Meanwhile, you may need to instead go into your router settings and try changing the channel manually. Experiment with different channels to see which one works best.

Keep me posted for further assistance.

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi TEJ,

The Router is a Netgear R6300v2 and does support 2.4 & 5.  The router is on the first floor and printer on the second - about 20 feet through wall and ceiling.  Operating system is win 10 and iOS on phone and iPad.  All devices lose the connection. 

HP Recommended

Do you think a wifi extender would fix the problem?  I just hate to buy it if it isn’t the fix. 

HP Recommended

@Ron1055

Thanks for replying!

Looks like this is a network issue and has nothing to do with printer settings. Ideally, we would recommend the router and devices to be in the same room/floor. Certain building materials can get in the way of weaker signals like Bluetooth. Metal, bulletproof glass, concrete, and plaster are particularly bad, and marble, plaster, and brick aren’t great easy. So if you’re really struggling with interference, your first step should be to move your Bluetooth devices away from these materials. That means no brick walls between you and your devices, and definitely no metal desks!

So I would recommend you contact your ISP for further assistance on this. If WiFi extender is suggested by them you can go for it.

Keep me posted.

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.