Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended

M428FDW WILL SEND BUT NOT RECEIVE FAXES

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Same problem here. When I first setup the M428fdw in September, everything worked--FAXes were received properly and sent to me via email. The next time I needed to receive FAXes was in December 2019, and none arrived. I checked the configuration (which I hadn't touched since September) and all was good--tests of the email fax configuration work just fine. BUT receipt of an actual FAX silently fails. The log shows a FAX call was successfully received and the sending FAX machine behaves normally for a successful send (negotiation is heard and pages are sent one by one), but the M428fdw doesn't send an email and no error is logged. My mail server doesn't even show an attempt by the M428fdw to send email when a real FAX is received, so the M428fdw is apparently just dropping the file. Firmware is up-to-date (June 2019). (If it matters, I do not have the M428fdw configured to print incoming FAXes--not sure off hand if it's even an option to both print and email received FAXes, but I have it configured just to email them.)

This is a terrible situation and needs to be remedied ASAP!!!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.