Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
M452dw
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

M452dw color laser jet printer indicates paper jam in rear. I can't find paper jam and error won't clear. Tried power off and hot unplug but still shows error. Any guidance? thanks

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

sounds like you might have a stuck/blocked sensor.  check for small pieces of torn paper from a previous jam.  Check the paper path and in the back, by the fuser.  

HP Recommended

Argh, me too.  I did all you did, still no joy. 

Then I found a post on another site that suggested going into the Printers folder and deleted the printer and then added it back in.  For some reason, that worked for me. 

HP Recommended

The paper-jam message displays on the printer itself.  The paper appeared to be stuck in the fuser rollers but when I tried to pull the paper out of the fuser, it wouldn't budge.  I ended up tearing it out in pieces.  I'm pretty sure there is a piece stuck in there, but I couldn't find any information on the web about removing paper IN the fuser.  I'm convinced if I could get the rollers to spin it'll come out one way or another, but I have found no references on how to get the rollers to turn.  The unit does not spin motors on power-up like it does on my M476.  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

HP Recommended

Have you gotten a fix for this yet.  I have the same issue.

HP Recommended

Yes. My post above explains what worked for me.

HP Recommended

Thanks, That didn't work.

HP Recommended

Davi269 - Any luck on your printer.  I have the same issue as you.

Thanks.

HP Recommended

Unfortunately the only fix if the paper jams in the fuser is to disassemble the printer, remove the fuser and take out the jam. Take pictures and make notes as you do and work carefully as you can easily break one of the paper guides in the fuser (especially if you try to just rip the paper out) and if you do then you are looking at replacement. You can purchase a service manual from feedroller.com.

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

HP Recommended
@Repairatrooper,  I came to the same conclusion.  I found some Youtube videos covering how to replace the fuser-roller.  I don't remember their titles.  Not impossible but a bit of a challenge for a beginner.  I agree with previous advice:  Take lots of pictures!

I found the Troubleshooting & Repair manuals (free) from Laserpros.com :

Those and the videos should help.  I decided to mothball my printer for now and use my m476 instead.

Thank you for the follow-up.  I went ahead and gave you the kudos because I'm 99.9% sure you are correct.  If I get to it and this board still open, I'll update my results.  I don't think I can claim this as 'solved' however as I'm not the OP.

Cheers!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.