Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
HP Color Laser Jet Pro M452dw
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Almost every time I push print and have more than one page to print, I get a paper jam notification. I open the drawer and the paper has partially moved 3-4 inches and then stops.  I put paper back where it should be or turn it over and close the drawer. It will then print one more page and then jams again. I am at my wits end. It takes me so long to get anything printed anymore. I have taken the tray out swabbed the one roller underneath and it still does it. 

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

You might need to replace the rollers,  Also make sure your tray is properly aligned for your paper type and size

Here's a link for some new rollers 

https://www.precisionroller.com/paper-feed-components-for-hp-color-laserjet-pro-m452dw/products.html

HP Recommended

Thank you. I did call Precision to find out if it was a job I could do myself, to replace the roller. He said before I bought the roller to try to clean it again with alcohol. I did clean it again and it began working and feeding the paper normally. Thanks for the help.

HP Recommended

Your welcome good job getting it solved.  Keep in mind that is not a permanent fix it would not hurt to get a roller set just as a back up so when the issue comes back you can replace it right then and there and not have any down time.   

HP Recommended

We have stopped using alcohol on rubber rollers as it tends to either dry the rubber out or makes it gummy depending on the age or condition. Cleaning rollers with a water dampened cloth or at best highly diluted alcohol is all that is needed.

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.