Honor Student
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

M477fnw Wired and Wireless Connection Waited 30 Minutes Still Not Printing

HP Color LaserJet
macOS 10.14 Mojave

Hi. I am connected to my M477fnw by USB and by wifi, and I have been waiting over 30 minutes for it to start printing a 66 page .pdf. The dialog says "Printing - Connected to printer" and the printer dialog says "Printing document" but no single page has come out. This is not the first time I have encountered extreme slowness in printing and it is extremely stressful for me because my job is time-sensitive regarding hard copy prints. What is going on?

2 REPLIES 2
Professor
Professor
2039 2035 224 278
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Use the same 66-page pdf file save it on the USB drive, on the left side on the printer need touchscreen you have an insert for USB and try printing directly from USB drive to see will it work faster.

View my profile on LinkedIn
0 Kudos
misterlawyer Honor Student
Honor Student
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi, I appreciate your response. The file actually did print right after I posted yesterday, so i guess 30 minutes’ lead time is what I should expect - though I didn’t even know that kind of wait time was a thing when it comes to printers. Are there any other suggestions for how to make files print when I send them, rather than an unknown length of time later?

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation