Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
HP Color Laser Jet Pro MFP M477fnw
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I had set the envelope option to a custom size to print a label and now it wont accept my option changes back.  I am trying to set the envelope size back to Size 10 and have it auto select manual feed so it would accept envelopes from the front tray.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Are you trying to change settings with media already in the tray or empty? Put the media in and then change the settings.

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Are you trying to change settings with media already in the tray or empty? Put the media in and then change the settings.

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

HP Recommended

Thanks for your response.  After I posted my issue I did put an envelope into tray 1 prior to printing and it did work correctly.  I will take your advice and put envelope in and then try to change the options.  I consider this issue solved!  Thanks!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.