Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended

We are getting vertical black streaks down the page on most printouts.  The printer is relativley new, as I just replaced (for the first time) the black toner yesterday (thinking low toner was the cause) All other inks are still the original inks shipped with the printer. This has not fixed the problem. I've run several "cleaning pages" and it will be ok for a few prints, but then they show up again. What else can I try? 

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi there, 

I would recommend updating your FW .

Go to the Software and Drivers Download page at HP.com and install the latest available firmware for the printer.

Check to make sure the toner collection unit isn't full. 

Finally, print a cleaning page from the control panel of the Printer, normally you would select the following from the menu:

• Device Maintenance
  • Calibration / Cleaning
  • Cleaning page

Also, do you see toner in the printer. If you remove the cartridges, do you see color everywhere. if you do I would recommend cleaning that up. 

I am an HP Employee
I work in Laser Jet Printing
The opinions expressed here are my own and not those of HP.
HP Recommended

Hi again, 

I would also recommend taking a look at your intermediate transfer belt. Here is how:

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c04661942

If there is damage to it, then this will need to be replaced. 

I would also suggest cleaning up any toner in the area in the right door. 

Posting a picture of the vertical lines would also help me determine what else you can do to fix the problem. 

Thanks

I am an HP Employee
I work in Laser Jet Printing
The opinions expressed here are my own and not those of HP.
HP Recommended

The streak might also be caused by the fuser.  To find out if the streaks are caused by the fuser, you can run a half test by printing a page that shows the streak and opening the cartridge door to stop the print job, as soon as the edge of the page comes to the output tray.  Part of the page will be fused (already passed through the fuser) and part of it will not be fused.  If the streak shows only in the fused portion of the page, then it is caused by the fuser; otherwise, it is something else.  You can also check the ITB to see if it has contamination matching the location of the streaks.

I am an HP employee
HP Recommended

I have updated FW, Checked Toner Collection Unit, and have run several cleaning cycles.  I did as poster suggested and printer reported a paper jam.  I had to remove fuser to remove paper, but my page had printed with no streaks making me think it must be the fuser.  Now what?  Can I repair or clean the fuser?  They seem to go for about $200.  That seems crazy to me to for a printer only a year and a half old.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.