Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
HP LaserJet Enterprise M806 Printer series

We just installed 3 M806 printers at a customer's site. The onsite IT person is reporting that on all 3 printers, intermittently the printers screens stay dark when coming out of Sleep Mode. The Home button seems to initiate wake up because the fans and motors start up. This was occurring with FutureSmart 3. The firmware has been upgraded to FutureSmart 4 (ver. 4.5.0.1) with no change in behavior. 

Seems unlikely that it's a hardware issue, since all 3 brand new printers are doing this. Any ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

UPDATE: HP finally came out with a newer version of FutureSmart 4 back in Dec. 2018. We told the onsite IT person to upgrade all printers to Version 4.7. After a week of monitoring, he confirmed that the dark screen issue had been resolved.  

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

UPDATE: I have still not resolved this issue, but I have more information. When the screen goes to sleep and is black, if you shine a flashlight at an angle on it, you can faintly see the HP logo bouncing around the screen, typical of a screen saver. Ether time it is black - when you can wake it up with a touch, or when it won't wake up - you will be able to see the screen saver with a flashlight. 

I replaced the Formatter Board on all three printers with no success. Sure would be nice if HP would chime in here and give me some input.  :indifferent:

HP Recommended

We are having the same issue since upgrading to the latest Futuresmart 3 and 4. Both of the latest versions as of this date are providing the issue. HP came out and replaced the board and drive with no resolution.

I am releatively sure this is a firmware issue since our previous version (that I don't remember) did not have this problem.

HP Recommended

We still have not resolved the issue, but I had the onsite IT person unplug the ethernet cable from one of the printers so it was isolated from their network and leave it like that overnight. It had been failing overnight before, but it did not this way. Then I had him hook it up locally (USB) and it did not fail that way either. Seems like noise of some sort from the network, but I had them replace the cable from the wall to printer using a shielded cable - still didn't help.

HP Recommended

UPDATE: HP finally came out with a newer version of FutureSmart 4 back in Dec. 2018. We told the onsite IT person to upgrade all printers to Version 4.7. After a week of monitoring, he confirmed that the dark screen issue had been resolved.  

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.