Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
HP laserjet 1020
macOS 10.13 High Sierra
Hello, I have a macos 10.13 and a HP laserjet 1020. I can not find it in the box of printers. I donwloaded the install file but it didn't work. Thank you in advance to help me. Maurizio
9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

@Mizzium, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

According to the printer specifications of HP LaserJet 1020 Printer, the printer is not compatible with macOS. It is also not AirPrint compatible according to this document.

Keep me posted for any other assistance..

If you feel my post solved your issue, please click “Accept as Solution”, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

No solutions? 

Actually I don't believe it , sorry

HP Recommended

@Mizzium

You may use Gutenprint drivers that may help. Refer to this document for more info.

Keep me posted for any other assistance.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello Kumar,

thank you for the post. I installed that file you mentioned. When I try to find the printers in advance mode

what I have to choose in the box for:

Type

Device

Url

Name

In USE I put HP LaserJet 1022

HP Recommended

@Mizzium

Gutenprint drivers are not from HP and I'm not the right person to assist you on this topic. You may have to surf the Internet or the Home page for more info.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi,

You may try the following workaround, it may work and may not.

Officially, your printer is not compatible with Mac OS:

1. Download and install below drivers pack from Apple:
    https://support.apple.com/kb/DL1888?locale=en_US
  2. Power on the printer and connect it to your Mac.
  3. Open System Preferences > Printers& Scanners.
  4. Click the plus sign and select the listed 1020 printer.
  5. Within the Use drop-down menu click on Select Printer Software.
  6. Locate and select the HP Laserjet 1022 printer from the list.

Add the print queue and try printing with it to your printer.

Hope that may work for you,

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
HP Recommended

Thank you Shlomil.

Excuse me ,

what I have to choose in the box for:

Type

Device

Url

Name

Location?

In USE I put HP LaserJet 1022

HP Recommended

When you have the printer connected and ready, click the Plus sign within System Preferences > Printers &U Scanners, then the printer should be listed.

Select it and all below options will be filled, you only need to click the Use drop-down menu and click on Select Printer Software, then select eh Laserjet 1022 printer.

Other than this, all other options should be listed when selecting the listed printer, these should not be typed manually.

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
HP Recommended

HI ShlomiL,

in the advanced TAB after searching only TYPE field is filled with "EPSON FAX" value.

If I click on list I can see also "EPSON FIREWIRE" "HP FAX" "Internet Printing protocol"

"JETDIRECT" "LPD/LPR Host or Printer" "Windows Printer"

What Have I choose ?

Thank you

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.