Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
MFP M180nw
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Just purchased the MFP M180dn.  It is set up of network connection with a static IP.  I've got the Auto Off/On set to it's highest settings.  When it goes into shut down activity, I can't wake it up from a computer on the network.  Even when I power it off and on with a print job in the window the printer status show Printer name (V4) (Network) - Offline. After about 5 minutes it prints.

How do I turn this off.

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi @Bear1956

Welcome to the HP Support Community. I'd be happy to assist you with the sleep mode issue. 

Try updating the printer's firmware - HP Printers - Updating or Upgrading Printer Firmware 

Also, try changing the router channel. If you have an Apple router, reboot the router. Upon restart, the station will search for a new channel. Specifically, a different channel than the one your Bluetooth devices is using to communicate. If you don’t have an Apple router, you may need to instead go into your router settings and try changing the channel manually. Experiment with different channels to see which one works best.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

It's on a network, so rebooting the router doesn't fall into the options.  Your under the assumption this is a wireless connection.

HP Recommended

Does the firmware update need to be done through a USB connection?  Firmware date code 20171210  Don't see anything that actually says firmware.

HP Recommended

@Bear1956

You may download and install the firmware update from this link for Win 10 (64-bit). You may install it over the network as well, You don't have to connect the USB. 

Let me know. 

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.