Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

At some point - an update I think, printing has become a problem. I can not print anything  from my computer.

The printer is online and the printer WIFI diag says it is ok, the printer prints a test page ok.

From the computer the print DR finds the printer - WIFI remember - the test page will not print, it tells me to try an internal test page from the print DR - that does print. I have powered cycled the printer with no change.

I have had this problem on and off for a while. I have uninstalled the print software and re-installed it - rebooting after uninstall and after re-installing but it does not always work - after several tries I usually can get it to work, but the next day not.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

OK - UPDATE - I downloaded the newest Easystart which was different than the previous one and ran it - uninstall, reboot, install new SW - It finds the printer on WIFI to do the install, but the configure fails at the end saying it can not find the printer. The printer is still online-- tried power cycling the printer and re-trying the print test but it still fails!

OH, and I turned the McAfee Firewall off for this test !

Windows Defender looks like it is off!

Where do I  look next!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.