12-19-2018 11:23 PM
The printer is printing vertical yellow streaks when printing, and horizontal yellow and white streaks when copying (see attached photos).
Here's what I've tried to do so far:
1. Printed a cleaning page
2. Unplugged the printer for several minutes, plugged it back in and tried it again with the same results
Other things to know:
• I'm connected to the printer via our wi-fi network, which works perfectly.
• I discovered the problem when I tried to print and copy a couple of things for the first time. Both had heavy concentrations of yellow and green.
• I'm running on Mac Mojave 10.14.2, the latest version of the operating system.
• I have not made any recent software or driver changes.
Please help me fix this! Thank you!
12-20-2018 08:28 PM
It looks like the black or cyan toner cartridge is defective. I'd try replacing the black toner first. The white and yellow streaks you're seeing is where the black (or cyan) is not printing to shade it correctly.
06-17-2019 05:03 PM
Replaced black cartridge - no difference
these are b&w
Ran plain paper in cleaning service - no streaks.
Printed 1 2-sided doc. STREAKS - ugh
print 1 side - same thing
replaced cyan cartridge - did NOT help at all
re-ran blank plain paper cleaning
6th page dbl side - streaks again
streaks same doc single side
running cartridges from online service - do you suppose bad cartridges?????
Office Depot has cartridge 101. plus change
06-18-2019 03:47 PM
Can you run the Print Quality report and post that image- That should help isolate the cartridge/s that are defective. That's an internal test page.
setup/reports/print quality page
If you are using reman cartridges instead of genuine OEM HP, then it is quite common to get bad cartridges.