Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
HP Laser Jet Pro MFP M277dw
macOS 10.14 Mojave

The printer is printing vertical yellow streaks when printing, and horizontal yellow and white streaks when copying (see attached photos).PRINTOUTPRINTOUTCOPYCOPYCOPYCOPY

Here's what I've tried to do so far:

1. Printed a cleaning page

2. Unplugged the printer for several minutes, plugged it back in and  tried it again with the same results

Other things to know:

• I'm connected to the printer via our wi-fi network, which works perfectly. 

• I discovered the problem when I tried to print and copy a couple of things for the first time.  Both had heavy concentrations of yellow and green.

• I'm running on Mac Mojave 10.14.2, the latest version of the operating system. 

• I have not made any recent software or driver changes. 

Please help me fix this! Thank you! 

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

It looks like the black or cyan toner cartridge is defective. I'd try replacing the black toner first. The white and yellow streaks you're seeing is where the black (or cyan) is not printing to shade it correctly.

HP Recommended

Replaced black cartridge - no difference

these are b&w

Ran plain paper in cleaning service - no streaks.

Printed 1 2-sided doc.  STREAKS -  ugh

print 1 side - same thing

replaced cyan cartridge - did NOT help at all

re-ran blank plain paper cleaning

6th page dbl side - streaks again

streaks same doc single side

running cartridges from online service - do you suppose bad cartridges?????

Office Depot has cartridge 101. plus change

HP Recommended

Can you run the Print Quality report and post that image- That should help isolate the cartridge/s that are defective. That's an internal test page.

setup/reports/print quality page

If you are using reman cartridges instead of genuine OEM HP, then it is quite common to get bad cartridges.

I am not a HP employee. I am a service tech on these forums researching topics and offering my best guess to aide in your troubleshooting.
HP Recommended

Its the Toner.  I tried the original HP 201X in all colors and got the streaking. Went back to 201A series and everything works fine.  

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.