Inkoguto
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

MFP M28w scanning PPI limited

LaserJet MFP M28
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I tried to ask google for a passable solution to my issue, but found no answer.

HP Scan, when used with LaserJet MFP M28 (purchased late 2019) will only offer 3 PPI settings for image or pdf scanning - 200, 300 and 600 PPI, and all result in ridiculously large files.

There's no option to switch to "flatbed" (because this device has no autofeeder, duh) and when I scoured available profiles, regardless what I selected, the lowest I could go was 200 PPI... when for a readable email 100 or even 75 would suffice.

I tried looking through registry, but quick searches yielded nothing, and config.ini referenced there didn't have anything that'd seem relevant...

Sadly enough, HP Scan doesn't seem to have anything to indicate version, but the software was FullWebPack_46.2.2636 - the newest available on HP site when I installed.

Any ideas how I could get smaller scans? I mean, yea, online 3rd party services can easily HALVE the files produced by HP Scan with little to no quality loss, but using externals kinda defeats the purpose... any tips?

1 REPLY 1
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
6,259 6,246 337 247
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

MFP M28w scanning PPI limited

@Inkoguto

Welcome to the HP Support Community.

You can try using the HP Scan and Capture: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c04675206

Let me know if this helps.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution button, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

Have a great day!

I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation