3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Mac OS Catalina

Example:Laser Jet Pro MFP 181
macOS 10.15 Catalina

Hi,

how can it be that the HP can not fix the scanner to work together with OS Catalina? To difficult for HP.?Other things to do? Do not care? Use the workaround, they say. Laser Jet Pro, one would think that Pro stands for "Professional".

Throw the printer in the bin, I say.

4 REPLIES 4
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
6,103 6,090 446 487
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Mac OS Catalina

@Maxicraxi, Welcome to HP Support Community!

I understand the inconvenience caused. HP is working with Apple to get HP Easy Scan and Scan to computer back to full functionality as quickly as possible.

Thanks for understanding.

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Maxicraxi
3 2 0 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Mac OS Catalina

Hi, are there any news about when the software of your scanner will be working with together with my MacBook Pro?

Can I return the printer/scannner to HP, I use it as a scanner every day. Imagine my surprise when a software update renders the flatbed scanner function in your software unusable for 8 weeks now. 

0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
6,103 6,090 446 487
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Mac OS Catalina

@Maxicraxi

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details). 

If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community. 

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Maxicraxi
3 2 0 0
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Mac OS Catalina

Hi, no one has contacted me. When does HP intend to make their scanner work with Mac OS Catalina?

Next Christmas? This Laser Jet printer/scanner is not very expensive. You want me to throw it on the bin and get a proper product instead? With decent support?

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation