Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
SAMSUNG ML2165W
macOS 10.15 Catalina

I am trying to install my Samsung ML2165W printer after upgrading to OS X Catalina, but I am having no luck. I have tried everything I could find online. There seems to be no drivers for this printer for OS X 10.15

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

No surprise.... HP is absolutely useless....  True to the initials.. HP.. Help Please... The worst company in the world. Still no answer to the problem... pathetic...

HP Recommended

After no help from HP (not surprising), I tried this and it worked for me. Maybe it might work for other out there. My printer is now printing perfect..

This solution works for me on both USB and WiFi connections.

Steps:

1. Open Finder, select Go > Go to Folder.
  2. Type: /Library/Printers/ and hit enter.
  3. Create a new folder called “Printers Content” and move everything from the Printers folder inside it. Now drag that folder to your Desktop.
  4. Reconnect your printer and try printing again:
    1. If it works: Move the “Printers Content” folder to the Trash.
    2. If it doesn’t work: Return the “Printers Content” folder to the Printers folder and empty it.

I hope this works. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.