12-12-2019 02:05 PM
My Mac shows that my printer finished printing, but nothing happens, the printer doesn’t even take the paper. What can I do?
12-14-2019 02:33 PM
Welcome to the HP Support Community. I'd be happy to assist you.
Power resetting the printer and checking the hardware functionality helps us to isolate the issue, let us try these steps:
Reset the printer
- With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.
- Wait at least 60 seconds.
- Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the printer.
- Turn ON the printer, if it does not automatically turn on.
- Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you proceed.
Note: HP recommends connecting the printer directly to a wall outlet rather than a surge protector or a power strip.
Try printing a supply status page to check if the hardware of the printer is working fine
1. Press and hold the Cancel button until the Ready light begins blinking.
2. Release the Cancel button.
To assist you better, I would like to know:
- Which application are you trying to print from?
- Have you tried printing different types of documents like PDF, Word or Webpages and check if the issue persists?
For now, make sure both the devices are up-to-date
Update the printer firmware
Click here to know different methods of updating printer firmware.
Also, check for any software updates on MAC
Click here to know how.
Hope this helps! Keep me posted.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
Have a great day!
I am an HP Employee