Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Every now and then I do manual duplex printing on my Laserjet Pro MFP M130NW, this has not been a problem since I purchased printer 11 months ago. Now when I try printing duplex it not longer pauses to allow me to replace the paper back in tray for printing 2nd side, it cancels my print job instead.

Looked online and the prescribed fix is remove, drivers, printer etc and download fresh ones, which I have done after selecting latest version from a Windows 10 compatibility table. Printer installed rebooted etc but still Duplex printing still failing after printing 1 side. 

Does this mean my Laserjet Pro is end of life and unsupported before even a year after purchase. If so can someone recommend a non HP printer with similar features and price. My desktop is due for replacement soon so after this HP experience I cant see me replacing that with another HP device.   

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@FishingB

Welcome to the HP support community.

Did you uninstall the printer driver from the root level before installing new the driver?

If not, 

Perform root level uninstallation to remove all the printer related software's.

• In Windows, search for and open Programs and Features.
  • Select your HP printer.
  • Select Uninstall.
  • In Windows, search for and open Devices and Printers.
  • In the Devices and Printers window look for your HP Printer. If you see it listed, right-click on it and choose "Delete" or "Remove Device.”
  • Open up the run command with the "Windows Key + R" key combo.
  • Type printui.exe /s and click OK.
  • Click on Drivers tab.
  • Look for HP Printer driver. If you see it click on it and click Remove at the bottom.
  • Select OK.
  • Remove all instances of the same.
  • Select Apply and OK on the Print Server Properties windows.
  • Close Devices and Printers. 
  • Restart the PC again.

Download and install printer full feature driver

Click here to download the driver.

Update the printer firmware

Here are the steps:- Click here

I hope that helps.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I've followed the instructions line by line, removing all traces of HP printer, then rebooting, downloading fresh drivers and installing all. Then did the printer firmware update. But still cant print using Duplex option, same issue dialog box comes up saying replace paper in tray and press OK but as soon as it finished printing the first side, the print job is cancelled.

In fact the situation has got worse now I cant use my workaround of printing all odd pages, then even pages after replacing printed pages back in paper try. 

Seems my HP printer is no longer fit for purpose which considering its less than a year old is disgraceful 

HP Recommended

@FishingB

Try these steps:-

• For the printer instance in question, bring up the Printer properties dialogue.
  • Select the Device settings tab.
  • Ensure that the duplex unit is set to Installed rather than Not installed.

I hope that helps.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I'm sure that would work find on a printer than has a duplex unit, this model only does manual duplexing where its prints one side and should pause while you reload the paper correct way up, then after clicking on dialog box it continues printing the 2nd side. Cant see any duplex option its controlled by the driver which since update no longer performs this function.

If this is the best fix HP can provide, I think its time for HP to wrap up making printers and make something else. I'm disgusted that in less than a year the printer I purchased is no longer fit for purpose.

HP Recommended

@FishingB

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.