Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
If you're having print quality issues Click here for more tips!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP LaserJet P1109W
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Each time I print, a tiny portion of the content on the left-hand side of the paper is cropped off. I've tried changing the margin settings, but the result is the same each time and it doesn't seem to matter which site I am printing from. Hope you can provide a fix! Thanks!

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

@PJ2323

@PJ2323 wrote:

Each time I print, a tiny portion of the content on the left-hand side of the paper is cropped off. I've tried changing the margin settings, but the result is the same each time and it doesn't seem to matter which site I am printing from. Hope you can provide a fix! Thanks!

Page Size / Print Scale is controlled within the program you are using to submit the print job.

Examples:

• Print Preview – Firefox

Right-Click a clear space along the top ribbon in Firefox > CHECK Menu Bar

Firefox > File > [Print] > Print Preview >>

Page Setup > tab Format & Options (wording varies)

Scale: > Percentage options OR Shrink to Fit

OR

Page Set Up…   > tab Format & Options

Contributed by @roweccsEnsure Scale is NOT set to zero

Note   Shrink to fit page Width – this setting might be useful to control text / images that might otherwise extend beyond the side edge of the print.

• Print Preview – Edge Browser (Windows 10)

Open Edge browser > open your URL / Webpage > Settings (three dots, upper right) > Print > More Settings

• Chrome - Standard Print Preview settings

Chrome > Settings > Print > More Settings

• If margins are left at Default, the print may start 2 inches from the top of the paper >> check!
  • If needful, adjust your margins and / or settings to Fit-to-Width

Place mouse at the right side of the Preview to see settings for Fit width and Zoom in / out

Reference

Dragon Document - Help, suggestions, and examples:

Manage Print Output with Print Preview

Thank you for participating in the HP Community Forum.

We are a community of HP enthusiasts dedicated to supporting HP devices and technology.

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

Menu bar is checked; Scale is set to 100%; shrink to fit page width is already checked.

Anything else it might be?

Thanks!

Right-Click a clear space along the top ribbon in Firefox > CHECK Menu Bar

Firefox > File > [Print] > Print Preview >>

Page Setup > tab Format & Options (wording varies)

Scale: > Percentage options OR Shrink to Fit

OR

Page Set Up…   > tab Format & Options

Contributed by roweccsEnsure Scale is NOT set to zero

Note   Shrink to fit page Width – this setting might be useful to control text / images that might otherwise extend beyond the side edge of the print.

HP Recommended

@PJ2323

You are welcome.

Set Shrink to fit (as opposed to 100%)

Check the margins settings -- be aware that while you can change the margins, you must respect the printer "minimum" margins set in the Specifications.  

For example, if the Specs say the bottom margin is restricted to .5 inches, setting the bottom margin to .1 inch in the print job won't work.

If you like:  Save the document to your computer > open in local program > set parameters and print.

If all margins on the left are cut off regardless of which program / application you use to print, perform the alignment test on your printer to ensure the printer is working as expected.

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

I reset the margins on the left and right sides to .5 and it allowed me to print the page I was one correctly. However, when I switched to printing a .pdf file in Adobe the same truncation occured. I tried resetting the margins again, but it seemed to make no difference. Other pages print fine; others continue to present me with a  cut-off on the left side of the page. 

Prior to purchasing this printer, I was using another HP and never experienced this. It's rather frustrating!

Appreciate any further suggestions you can make.

HP Recommended

@PJ2323

Rats.

Most of what I know off-hand about managing print scale / margins / and controlling print size is already in the document I posted for you.   Much of what is in the document is based on either my own experience or the experiences of others (and I have included that information).

Admittedly none of the information will help you if your printer software, your Adobe printing programs, and your printer itself are that much different from my experience.

Perhaps (hopefully) I missed something and another Expert can help.

Click the Thumbs Up to say Thanks!

Answered? Click this post Accept as Solution to help others find it.

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

I had the same problem use measure from : text instead of Edge to Edge and it solved the problem!

HP Recommended

I have an HP 3752 that cuts off the right side of a page when printing. I am using a USB connection with my Chromebook. It worked fine until recently and this problem seemed to develop "out of nowhere". I have disconnected everything and tried to reset by reconnected to no avail. Help.

HP Recommended

Hello,

Thank you for posting in this thread. Unfortunately based on when the last response was made, I have closed this thread to help keep comments current and up to date. We recommend starting a new thread for your issue by clicking here.
To be more helpful with your post, you can add key information if you desire: 
1. Product Name and Number (please do not post Serial Number)
• Example: HP Pavilion DV2-1209AX or HP Deskjet 3000 Printer CH393A
2. Operating System installed (if applicable)
• Example: Windows XP, Windows Vista 32-bit, Windows 7 64-bit
3. Error message (if any)
• Example: ""Low disk space"" error in Windows
4. Any changes made to your system before the issue occurred
• Examples: Upgrading your Operating System or installing a new software; or installing new hardware like a printer, modem, or router.
If you have any other questions about posting in the community, please feel free to send me a private message!

Thank you

I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.