cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Highlighted
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Memory Issue on HP laserjet 1102w

HP Recommended
HP laserjet 1102w
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I've had this printer for a while and it seems that the available memory on the printer is less than 1MB and the total memory is 8 MB.  Why can't I free up more memory from the printer so that print jobs will flow properly through it?  There is nothing on the printers web page that will allow me to free up the memory that I can see.  Also there is nothing in the print queues of computers that are sending data to it.

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
12,746 12,733 829 1,507
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@bridav1970

Welcome to HP Support Forums. 🙂

I came across your post and would like to assist. 

I understand that you have an HP LaserJet Pro P1102w Printer and the available memory is less than 1MB out of the total 8MB memory. I read that you would like to free up more memory. 

During my research I found that all 8 MB may not be available because the printer needs some memory reserved to run its internal processes (firmware, etc.). 

However, you can restore the printer to its defaults settings and that could clear up some amount of memory. Following are the steps to restore the default settings:

• Turn the product off.
  • Turn the product on, and while it is initializing press and hold the cancel button and wireless button at the same time

I hope this information helps. Feel free to keep me posted for any further questions.

Cheers! 🙂

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation