Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I recently installed a LaserJet CP1525nw on my wireless network.  I am running Windows 7 - 64 bit.

I have no problem printing or communicating with the printer.

When I try to access the System Setup, Service, or  Network Setup on the control panel under the Setup Menu, the following message is displayed "Menu access is disabled."  I thought restoring the factory defaults would allow me access, but the command is under the Service menu, which is inaccessible.

I am looking for a way to gain access to these menus and settings.  Thanks!!!

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

I got exactly the same problem at my HP LaserJet Pro 100 color MFP M175nw.  I bought it around one month and HP support haven't help yet.  I can't reconfirm the printer now.

HP Recommended

LeiChris,

I do not have a direct answer to your question.  (Please do not shoot the messenger!)

I do have the link to your printer's own website.  If you have not done so, you can find at the website, a firmware update (from January 2012), your printer's Full Feature Software (very nice to have a copy even if you have your CD right now).  You need the FFS to print effectively and to make the best use of your printer's features.  There are a variety of other bits of information, updates, and manuals at the website, too.

Laser Printers are much different from the standard "home user" machines.  They have different insides, they have different requirements, and above all, they are much less forgiving (in my past experience, way past - I am now retired).  On the plus side, laser machines are awesome work horses and do a really good job of printing massive amounts of documents of every kind.

Do not give up yet.  Take a look...

HP LaserJet Pro 100 color MFP M175

Using the HP Embedded Web Server

I hope this helps!                                 

We work hard to help!

Whenever you see a Helpful Post - Click the Kudos Star on the Left as Thanks!

Did this Post solve your problem?  Mark it “Accept as Solution”!

Note: You can find the “Accept as Solution” box on threads started by you.

2012 Year of the Dragon!

Dragon Tips:

HP Home Network Diagnostic Utility for Printers

The HP Home Network Diagnostic Utility application provides diagnostic and help information to assist users when installing and using HP printers on their home network.

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

Finally I take to repair and they replace the mainboard

HP Recommended

"Product Security   Use these fields to set or change the Administrator Password. When set, the Administrator Password is required before you can access and change configuration parameters. To disable the Administrator Password, leave the entries blank.   NOTE: When logging in, any username can be typed in the username field in the login dialog box."

You have a password lockout on the printer. You cant change any menu settings until you remove the password -  remove the password

• Plug printer into your ethernet network ( if you can connect via Wi-Fi that's OK too )
  • Go to the printer IP address or host name  - see note 1 below if you don't know it
  • Enter the password - see note 2 below if you don't know it
  • Click System
  • Click Product Security .

Now delete the password felid then click apply . The "Menu access  disabled" error then will go away.

You can now default the printer or change settings from printer button menus

Note 1: If you don't know the network IP address or host name then find a IT person or other smarty pants guy to log into your router and find out

Note 2: If you don't know the password to get into the online network menu then better ask who put it there in the first placebecause  It came without a password from the factory so someone put one there since you bought it

HP Recommended

My Laserjet CP1525nw is working fine except i can't signin from its web page and I got a menu access is disabled when i attempt to use the LCD menu to log into Service option.

HP Recommended

Here's a solution to your issue. Not sure why no one thought to share this, since it's such an easy fix. It worked on mine. Anywho, here it is and a link to where I found it: 

After looking around I found that once you set the password in the web console it locks the LCD on the printer itself. I would have to reset the printer and reconfigure it to finish my task. The procedure for resetting the printer is very easy all you need to do is:

1. Turn the printer off.

2. Hold down the right arrow and the X button immediately after turning the printer on.

After the reset you will need to re-setup the printer.

Printers can be a bit frustrating and it's hard to be an expert on every model. I enjoy sharing these little fixes so it can be a bit easier for all of you admins out there.

- See more at: http://blog.skybyte.com/blog/network-helpdesk/menu-access-is-disabled-for-hp-color-laserjet-cp2025dn...

HP Recommended

Thanks for the post. I spent quite a while looking for the keypad combination to reset to factory defaults. I can't believe HP doesn't post that more prominently.

HP Recommended

You're welcome! Glad it helped you out.

HP Recommended

The reset method of holding the Right arrow and the X buttons immediately after turning power on, work perfectly on an HP Color LaserJet CP2025.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.