Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
Macbook Air --M254dw
macOS 10.14 Mojave

M254dw

Printer is connected by ethernet.  I have two laptops on network. No issue with one of them.  With the Macbook Air, for the last week, for every printing job  I have to unplug and restart the printer. If I don't, the printer icon comes on for a second and disappears. Screen on printer returns to standby.  Also, if I do not restart the printer, there is a warning triangle next to the printer name on the print page. 

Also, cannot airprint.  Wonder if there are related. 

The settings for the other laptop that works are exactly the same on the Air. The problems are exactly the same if I connect the printer wirelessly.

Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks!

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Start troubleshooting with an uninstall and reinstall of the latest software for your OS and printer model from http://support.hp/com.

This will clean up any software corruption on the machine as well as repair any network settings for finding the printer on your network.

Experts are not HP Employees. Experts are advanced users, administrators, technicians, engineers or business partners who volunteer their time to answer community questions.

Please mark anything that is helpful with a Kudo.
When you are done troubleshooting, please mark one of the responses as the Solution.
This feedback enhances the community by helping future readers choose between multiple similar responses.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.