Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
Officejet 6500 E710n-z
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

Printer access is erratic.  I take my laptop when we travel and we have a summer home with an HP officejet 6830 printer that I switch to when we're there.  It is less hassle to connect to either printer with a cable rather than rely on wireless.  When we return to LA, connecting with the HP6500 was sporadic at best.  Sometimes yes more often no connection.  I have deleted and reinstalled the 6500 more times that I can count.  Sometimes it works and then just as often disappears.  My husband prints consistently from his i-phone.  When I send a print request, it's either offline or in error state.  

NancyL1
1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@NancyL1

Welcome to HP Support Forums. 🙂

Thanks for reaching out to us on HP Support Forums. I came across your post and would like to assist.

I understand that you have an HP Officejet 6500A Plus e-All-in-One Printer - E710n and it is unable to print from your Win10 computer. I read that the printer prints fine from your iPhone. But when you send a print request, the printer appears offline or in an error state. 

The evidence indicates that the printer's connectivity is good. Due to driver/software issue, the printer may not be printing.

I suggest you to perform the steps as described in detail from this HP document. These steps help in fixing various print queue issues. 

Hope this information helps. Please feel free to let me know how it goes. Good luck! 🙂

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.