Did you mean: 
scumbag
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

My HP Officejet 6500A Plus wont print

HP Officejet 6500A Plus

My 7 year old HP Officejet 6500A Plus printer won't Prin't anything ~ Went out this morning and bought a new hp 920 Black ink cartridge to the tune of $27 and the **bleep** thing still won't print a thing   ~  Went away foe 5 days and I un-pluged  the Computer and printer (which is wireless connected ) Came back a few days ago and the printer won't print anything ~ Did all the tests that HP Scan Doctor could throw at me and my printer but NO PRINT ~ Printer makes all it's printing noises but the papers come out just as they went in BLANK  ?? Help Me   

3 REPLIES 3
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
12,360 12,338 1,165 2,404
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @scumbag,

Good Day. A warm welcome to the HP community. I reviewed the case regarding issues with printing as it prints blank pages. I will be delighted to assist you here.

Superb description, brilliant troubleshooting and terrific observations made before posting. Kudos to you for that. 🙂

To assist you with accurate information I would require more information regarding this:

• Did this happen after a recent power outage or surge?
  • Did you make copies directly from the printer to isolate hardware issues with it?

Please try these steps:

• For now, make 2 copies directly from the printer without any communication from the computer and check if it copies correctly.
  • If it fails to copy correctly, then follow all the prescribed steps from this link: http://hp.care/2wTWZJn (Fixing Print Quality Problems for the HP Officejet 6500A e-All-in-One Printer Series)
  • Now check if it gets resolved. If the problem continues, then contact HP phone support to get the printer replaced as it could be faulty. Please don’t invest anymore in ink cartridges as it will not resolve the issue. I am being honest about it by keeping your best interest in mind without beating around the bush.

HP Technical Support can be reached by clicking on the following link: http://hp.care/2r9wSvP

• Once the support page opens please select the country in which you're located. Next, enter your HP model number on the right.
  • Next, choose the 'Contact Support' tab at the top and scroll down to the bottom of the 'HP Support- Contact' page to fill out the form provided with your contact information.
  • Once completed click the 'Show Options' icon on the bottom right.
  • Lastly, scroll down to the bottom of the page and select 'Get phone number.' A case number and phone number will now populate for you.

They will be happy to assist you immediately.

If the unit is under warranty, the manufacturer’s warranty should take care of it for you.

If the problem persists, then contact HP phone support to get the printer replaced as it is faulty

Please perform all these steps patiently as it is critical to resolving the issue. The trick is to remain patient. Going by your technical expertise and competence I am sure you will be able to perform these steps without breaking a sweat.

Hope this helps. Let me know how this goes. I genuinely hope the issue gets resolved without hassles and the unit works great. Please reach out for any issues and I'll be there to assist you.

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help.

If this helps, please mark this as Accepted Solution as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.

Take care now and have a splendid week ahead. 🙂

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
12,360 12,338 1,165 2,404
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@scumbag,

I read your private message. Thanks for the reply. I am responding to it in a public post. You’ve displayed great dedication, an immaculate attitude coupled with extensive technical knowledge to try and resolve the issue. Kudos to you for that. 🙂

It definitely looks like a hardware issue with the printer. Meanwhile try all the relevant steps from this link: http://hp.care/2E0KqBe (HP Inkjet Printers - 'Alignment Unsuccessful' Error Message Displays) to try and fix alignment issues.  Now check for issue resolution.

If the problem continues, then contact HP phone support to get the printer replaced as it is faulty. We need to come to terms with that. I am being honest about it. Please follow the steps from my earlier post to contact HP support.

Now trust me, I’ve done all I can to assist you here by keeping your best interest in mind. You are a valued HP customer and it has been an absolute privilege to share this platform with you. I hope things work great for you.

If this helps, to simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as Accepted Solution as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.

Take care stay healthy, keep smiling big and have a blessed year ahead. 🙂

Cheers!

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
MsScarlett
1 1 0 0
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I've run all the diagnostics as suggested by HP.  Still have completely blank pages.  No longer under warranty.  Is it something a new part will fix (if so, which part) or do I need to trash it?

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation