12-30-2017 12:08 PM
I sent a large document to printer this takes a few minutes. It then prints one copy then I have to wait a few more minutes before it prints the next copy. It can take a very long time to print, say, 20 copies. Is this normal? It does not print as specified, i.e. 18 pages per minute. Can anybody advise? Thank you
Solved! Go to Solution.
01-01-2018 02:35 AM
Happy New Year!
Thank you for posting on HP Forums, MKazi is at your service.
I understand that you have an HP Color LaserJet Pro M252dw printer and it takes a long time to print a multi page document. Not worry, I'll do my best to help you.
To assist you better, I would like to know the following information:
- Does the printer do this while making a photocopy?
- Does the printer wait when you try to print 1 or 2 pages document?
- Did any software changes or updates happen on your Mac?
Meanwhile, I recommend you to perform the following steps to isolate the issue and arrive at a fix:
- Disconnect the power cable from the printer while the printer is still ON.
- Disconnect any other cables if connected the printer.
- Press and hold the printer’s power button for 15 seconds.
- The printer should be directly connected to the wall outlet and not to a surge protector.
- Reconnect the power cable to print and the printer should power ON by itself. If the printer doesn’t power ON then please manually power it ON.
Please download and run the firmware update for your printer via this link. Once the firmware is successfully installed, you may restart the printer.
I sincerely hope this fixes the issue. Let me know the outcome. Cheers! 🙂
01-01-2018 08:08 AM
You're most welcome.
I'm glad that the suggested solution worked. You've been fabulous to work with considering your superb technical skills, remarkable patience and great attitude. Kudos to you for that.