Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
Laser Jet Pro MFP M227fdw
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My Avery Labels, that are Product 5160 and made for Laser printers, keeps printing crooked, shifting up and to the left. It looks like it's pulling the right side up faster than the left side. But there doesn't appear to be anything stuck in the printer. What should I do?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @DeskGal

Welcome to HP Forums. This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips.

I understand that the printer is not pulling the Avery Labels evenly when printing.

I'd like to help.

Do you have the same issue when printing with regular papers?

May I have the size of the Avery Label which you are using?

Please remove all the Avery Labels and perform a Printer Reset.

(1) Turn the printer on, if it is not already on.
(2) Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you continue.
(3) With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.
(4) Unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.
(5) Wait at least 60 seconds.
(6) Plug the power cord back into the wall outlet.
 NOTE: HP recommends connecting the printer power cord directly to the wall outlet.
(7) Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the printer.
(8) Turn on the printer, if it does not automatically turn on.

The printer might go through a warm-up period. The printer lights might flash, and the carriage might move.
Wait until the warm-up period finishes and your printer is idle and silent before you proceed.

Put back the Labels on the Tray and adjust the width using the Paper Guides to ensure the Labels are held in place properly.

Try printing.

If the issue persists, please follow the instructions in this Link

Let me know how it goes.

Thank you.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Solution Accepted and Kudos Buttons.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi @DeskGal

Welcome to HP Forums. This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips.

I understand that the printer is not pulling the Avery Labels evenly when printing.

I'd like to help.

Do you have the same issue when printing with regular papers?

May I have the size of the Avery Label which you are using?

Please remove all the Avery Labels and perform a Printer Reset.

(1) Turn the printer on, if it is not already on.
(2) Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you continue.
(3) With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.
(4) Unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.
(5) Wait at least 60 seconds.
(6) Plug the power cord back into the wall outlet.
 NOTE: HP recommends connecting the printer power cord directly to the wall outlet.
(7) Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the printer.
(8) Turn on the printer, if it does not automatically turn on.

The printer might go through a warm-up period. The printer lights might flash, and the carriage might move.
Wait until the warm-up period finishes and your printer is idle and silent before you proceed.

Put back the Labels on the Tray and adjust the width using the Paper Guides to ensure the Labels are held in place properly.

Try printing.

If the issue persists, please follow the instructions in this Link

Let me know how it goes.

Thank you.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Solution Accepted and Kudos Buttons.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi@KrazyToad

Thank you for your help! It's printing straight now. 

HP Recommended

Hi @DeskGal

I'm glad you were able to get this resolved. Do visit our HP Forums and drop us a Message anytime you need help.

Thank you. 🙂

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

Does this work for regular paper printing crooked also 

HP Recommended

@LisaKramer

Welcome to the HP Support Community.

Please let us know the issue you're facing. These steps are for regular paper also.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution button, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks 🙂

I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.