Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
LaserJet Pro MFP M130fn
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My LaserJet Pro MFP M130 fn keeps printing blank pages. help

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi @Lucky_S43,

Good Day. A warm welcome to the HP community. I reviewed the case regarding printing issues where the printer prints blank pages.  Superb description, brilliant troubleshooting and terrific observations made before posting. Kudos to you for that. 🙂

For better clarity, and to assist you correctly, I would require more information regarding this:

• Did this happen after a power outage or surge?
  • Did you try to make copies directly from the printer and check if it copies correctly?

For now please try these steps:

• Please make 2 copies directly from the printer without any communication from the computer and check if it copies correctly.
  • If it copies correctly then please follow these steps to uninstall and reinstall the printer.
  • Uninstall the printer from "programs and features" which can be accessed by doing a right-click on the Windows button (Please have the printer Off and disconnected during uninstallation.)
  • Check in device manager, if the printer is listed there, please delete it. (Right click on the Windows button to access device manager)
  • Go to devices and printers, select any printer listed there and you will get some options on the top.
  • Click on print server properties.
  • You will get a popup, click on the drivers tab and delete all the HP printer drivers listed there if any.
  • Delete all the instances of your printer listed in devices and printers.
  • Restart the PC.
  • Once the PC is on the desktop, press Win + R, it would bring a Run dialog box,
  • Type %temp% in the run box and click Ok or hit the Enter button.
  • It would bring up the temporary files folder. Delete the files in the folder (You might not be able to delete all the files).
  • If possible, delete the printer from the registries using Regedit or using any other 3rd party application.
  • Ignore the Regedit option if it cannot be done.
  • Restart the PC again.

Then download the latest full feature driver from http://hp.care/2h5i8Yi  and install it on the computer after selecting the correct operating system.

Connect the printer to your computer only when the setup prompts for the printer.

If it fails to copy correctly, then please try these steps to fix print quality issues from this link: http://hp.care/2h5i76G and check if it works correctly.

If there are no hardware issues with the printer, then it will get fixed.

If it does not get resolved, then the printer needs to be replaced by contacting HP phone support.

HP Technical Support can be reached by clicking on the following link: http://hp.care/2r9wSvP

• Once the support page opens please select the country in which you're located. Next, enter your HP model number on the right.
  • Next, choose the 'Contact Support' tab at the top and scroll down to the bottom of the 'HP Support- Contact' page to fill out the form provided with your contact information.
  • Once completed click the 'Show Options' icon on the bottom right.
  • Lastly, scroll down to the bottom of the page and select 'Get phone number.' A case number and phone number will now populate for you.

They will be happy to assist you immediately.

If the unit is under warranty, the manufacturer’s warranty should take care of it for you.

Please perform all these steps patiently as it is critical to resolving the issue. The trick is to remain patient, going by your technical expertise and competence I am sure you will be able to perform these steps without breaking a sweat. 🙂

Hope this helps. Let me know how it goes.

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help.

If this helps, please mark this as Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.

Take care now and have a splendid week ahead. 🙂

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi David, I've conducted the uninstall and reinstall  process a number of times to no avail. The problem persists. The printer copies without issue, it prints the web services report fine but when i attempt to print a document it prints a blank page and thereafter a printer error message pops up.

HP Recommended

Hi @Lucky_S43,

I read the quick reply. Thanks for the response. You've done great here by displaying excellent technical competence, immense patience and terrific commitment to try and resolve the issue. Kudos to you for a job well done. 🙂 If you've followed the steps to perform a root level uninstall from my previous post it normally fixes the issue for most customers as long as the issue is not with the operating system of the computer.

To isolate the issue further try installing the printer on a different computer running Windows on it. If it works with a  different computer then the problem lies with this computer's operating system where some core OS files could be corrupt preventing proper interaction between the printer and the computer.

So please perform a Microsoft push-button reset without causing data loss on the computer by selecting the correct options from this link: http://hp.care/2g0Tjzs; and then reinstall the printer drivers and that should fix the issue for you.

You could try printing from any other device like a smartphone, or Ipad to further isolate the issue correctly.

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as Accepted Solution as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.

Take care and have a blessed week ahead. 🙂

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.