cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Highlighted
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

My hp color laser jet pro mfp m477fdw

HP Recommended
hp color laser jet pro mfp m477fdw

I have My hp color laser jet pro mfp m477fdw I purchased that printer last year 

when i try to fax paperwork or print paperwork from the top of the printer papers comes half blink and have with ink not sure why 

but when i use the scaner for faxing or printing it comes out fine 

please advise 

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Level 12
Level 12
6,102 6,052 651 1,544
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I am asking for clarification to ensure that the issue is clear. So here are the scenarios, please indicate what output you get

1. Printing a document from your computer

2. Placing a document in the automatic feeder and copying.

3. Placing a document on the flat glass and making a copy.

The answer to these three questions will help me solve your problem. 

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Everything working fine accept the feeder in the top of the printer dose not print or fax good paper comes half blink and half with ink that u can pearly read it

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 12
Level 12
6,102 6,052 651 1,544
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Ok, lift the lid as if you were going to make a copy off the glass and examine the narrow slit of glass to the left of the flat glass. Most defects are caused by dirty or scratches. Clean with a soft damp cloth and be careful not to damage the Mylar cover on the glass.

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation