Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
HP Laserjet Pro M15a
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My windows can't detect my printers. I uninstalled the software and installed it again, but it didn't work.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

First off disconnect the HP printer. then open device manager,  click view and select show hidden devices and delete any devices identified as HP but are not currently connected. Once you have done this, restart your PC. Once PC has started, open a browser and go to 123.hp.com/laserjet and run the installation, following the instructions as they appear, reconnecting the printer to the PC when prompted.

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

How are you connecting? USB or Network? If you are connecting via usb does the printer make the connection sound when you plug the printer in? If not you may have a bad usb cable or the port might be an issue. Try a different usb cable and a different usb port on your computer. Also ensure that you have not plugged the usb cable into the network port of the printer. I know this sounds stupid but it actually fits and I have had experienced users make this mistake before.

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

HP Recommended

my printer is connected by cable. I have replaced the cable, still nothing changes. No sound is heard when I turn on the printer and when I connect the printer cable to the laptop.

HP Recommended

On my laptop in the Devices section, the printer is not listed in the Printer and Scanners section. But the hp printer is detected as other devices. In the Control Panel page, in the Printer section, an hp printer image appears. But when i right click on the hp printer image, the writing in the column is not the same as on the Epson printer. Look at the picture that I sent.

WhatsApp Image 2019-12-02 at 11.55.09 AM(1).jpegWhatsApp Image 2019-12-02 at 11.55.09 AM(2).jpegWhatsApp Image 2019-12-02 at 11.55.09 AM.jpegWhatsApp Image 2019-12-02 at 11.55.10 AM.jpeg

HP Recommended

First off disconnect the HP printer. then open device manager,  click view and select show hidden devices and delete any devices identified as HP but are not currently connected. Once you have done this, restart your PC. Once PC has started, open a browser and go to 123.hp.com/laserjet and run the installation, following the instructions as they appear, reconnecting the printer to the PC when prompted.

HP Recommended

Awesome! This fully corrected my problem!

Lot of thanks for helping me. I appreciate that.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.