Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
LaserJet M1212nf MFP
macOS 10.13 High Sierra

I updated to MacOS 10.13.4 High Sierra and my Printer LaserJetM1212nf MFP old driver is no accepted by this OS. I downloaded a heavy Driver for looks like all Hp printers, dated the file 9 Oct 2019 (very recent) and I installed but still don't work. I tryed to install from Mac Preference and seems the Driver is recogniced but an error -9923 always come when trying to scan or print.

1.- I think I need help to end properly the driver installation

2.- Also I need a tutorial to delete all printers might come with the driver App, it is extreme heavy

Thanks so Much

16 REPLIES 16
HP Recommended

Anybody help, Please: Thanks

HP Recommended

@CiroCabrera, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

To assist you better, how is the printer connected to MAC?

Which application are you using to scan?

Update the printer firmware

Click here to know different methods of updating printer firmware.

Also, check for any software updates on MAC

Click here to know how.

To download the print driver for HP LaserJet Pro M1212nf Multifunction Printer on a macOS 10.13 from HP Support site, click here

Try scanning via Apple Image capture and check if the issue persists.

Refer to this document to know how.

Keep me posted for further assistance.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hellow Kumar: Always had been connected via USB. To scan I use Adobe Photoshop CS6. And all these worked fine until I upgraded my Mac yo High Sierra. Is late night Kumar, tomorrow I will check the links you offer me and I will tell you. If you think these answers give you tips to support me please do it, I will read for sure when I come back. If I can work my Multifunction I will come and say, also it is needed how can I delete all the Drivers downloaded I don't need (from the 9 October 2019 I downloaded) Thanks Again

HP Recommended

@CiroCabrera

Thanks for keeping us posted.

Please check the details suggested by Kumar0307 and also ensure your Anti-Virus is deactivated when checking

You can also try Removing and Re-adding the printer using Airprint. AirPrint is an Apple technology that helps you create full-quality printed output without the need to download or install drivers.

1.) Click the Apple menu, click System Preferences, and then click Print & Scan or Printers & Scanners.
2.) Check if your printer name displays in the Printers list, If your printer is listed, click the printer name, click the minus sign to delete the printer.

3.) If you see multiple printer queues for the same printer, remove all extra printers by selecting them one at a time, and then clicking the minus button  at the bottom of the list.

4.) Click the plus sign , click Add Printer or Scanner, click the printer name.

5.) Click the Use or Print Using menu, select AirPrint or Secure AirPrint in the pop-up menu. Then click Add.

Select AirPrint from the Use menu

6.) Try printing

Let me know how it goes😊

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hellow KrazyToad: I try what you wrote. I wish that were possible because it would simplify everything. But unfortunately "AirPrint" does not appear following the steps you give me, but I also looked at Apple's "Help" on my Mac and it does not recognize "AirPrint" as existing. I also tried to search for the part or the document if it exists on my Mac, ... nothing.

About the Help from Kumar0307 when I visit the links he offered, seems to me I made that from the begining after I came to this support Area. But I did again the download of the heavy Driver Application. And ending "Installed" I try 1st from the Preference Mac Menu in Printer/Scanner to set the printer and the scanner. The scanner I could configure on the preference window, there is of the same printer the Fax –something I did not have it before, and don't need it– but the Printer does not come, so I can't get into the Mac Preferences. Anyway I try to scan from my Adobe Photoshop CS6 but then come the same numerical error I reported before.

Something strange here is that all point to a "Pro" model. But mine Hp is not a Pro.

Maybe here is the problem. My Printer Multifunction is just LaserJet M1212nf MFP

Resume:

1) Still I can not work my LaserJet M1212nf MFP but I am sure it can be possible, so I don't give up.

2) There is not an specific Driver for this now and for High Sierra OSX Mac, but a Driver for all.

3) "AirPrint" don't show as an option in my Mac, and also there is nothing with that name in.

4) The Preference only recognize the scanner and the fax, printer is not.

5) When I try to scann comes the same numeric error -9923 I saw before I came to the Support

6) Before all these, I had esay and clear from my Mac the whole FunctionHp in one piece from the Preferences.

I have to travel a lot, so please keep helping me. I take some time to answer, but until friday I am in home and I can check if any answer.

Thank so Much

HP Recommended

@CiroCabrera, Thank you for the detailed response.

HP only has a HP LaserJet Pro M1212nf Multifunction Printer. There is no HP LaserJet M1212nf Multifunction Printer. 

You may verify this on the HP Support site by entering the product number of the printer. Refer to this document to know how to find the Product Name or Product Number.

If you are still getting error -9923, let us perform these steps:

• Make sure the printer and the MAC are connected to the same wireless network. Either 2.4GHz or 5GHz.
  • If you have a Dual-band router and both 2.4GHz and 5GHz networks share the same name/SSID, the printer will not be able to connect to the network. In this case, contact your Internet service provider to assign different names to both the networks.
  • The wireless status menu on your Mac should also give us quite a lot of information that would help us identify the issue. You can press and hold the option key on your keyboard and click the WiFi icon to get detailed information.

Check the connectivity. (Even if you are able to print but not scan)

1. Obtain the IP address of the printer by clicking on the Wireless icon on the printer
  2. On the MAC Go to Spotlight > search for Network utility > select Ping tab > enter the IP address of the printer in the box
  3. Check the second box that says Send only > 10 pings
  4. Click on ping > Check the results at the end if any packets are lost
  5. Note: There should be 0% packet loss, share the results in your next post.

Keep me posted for further assistance.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hellow KUMAR: Surprise me when you mention about WIRELESS 😳 I never use wireless with this Printer. I only use wireless for internet and from the MODEM the Telephone company give me for this. I think my LaserJet M1212nf MFP might be too old to have that. This Multifunction Hp might be in home brand new from 9 or 10 years ago.

As all your help is around the Wireless I would like you to read this from me about wireless, as I have no idea of what you are telling me. My connection is always cable from MultifunctionHp to my Myc USB port. I am also sending you a photo of the brand and model from my HpMultifunction. It is strange if it is a Pro is not mentioned

As soon I can take the photo of my LaserJet M1212nf MFP  –battery of my camera is recharging– I will send it to you. Maybe I am wrong –or for sure– (as you are the Hp expert). But I want first to all be sure what I have from Hp. If you come before I take and post the photo, here you have the Hp factory Id of my Multifunction Hp

LaserJet M1212nf MFP

SERIAL [Edited[ ... PRODUCT No CE841A

Thanks Kumar

HP Recommended

DSC00375.JPG

HP Recommended

@CiroCabrera

Thank you for the response. I re-verified with the serial number and the product number of the printer and it still shows as HP LaserJet Pro M1212nf Multifunction Printer.

You may check it on this page. Enter the serial number of the printer. (The last-second digit is a numeric 0 and not the alphabet O. For security reasons, the serial number cannot be posted in public).

If you are using a USB cable, make sure the cable is directly connected between the MAC and the printer.

Use of a USB hub is not recommended. Also, make sure the cable is connected to a USB 2.0 port on your MAC.

Do you have an Anti-virus/firewall installed on the MAC?

• Check if the printer is getting recognized by your MAC:
  1. From the Apple menu, choose About This Mac.
  2. Click System Report.
  3. Under the Hardware heading on the left side of the System Information window, click USB.

USB 3 devices appear under USB 3.0 Bus, and USB 2 devices appear under USB 2.0 Bus. The printer should be under the USB 2.0 Bus

Keep me posted.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.