Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
HP LaserJet Pro M118dw
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have an HP LaserJet Pro M118dw which I have forgotten the EWS password to.

Tried the hold X and wireless, then power on solution; however, it still asks for a factory-default password (which is on the label on the back according to the software).  There is NO label on the back with a user name or password.

1) How to properly factory reset the printer such that the EWS is reset to factory default settings?

2) What is the factory default user name and password for an HP LaserJet Pro M118dw?

Do not just give  instructions for resetting to default settings in the EWS.  Those instructions are useless without the EWS user name and password.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@MrMcBee

Welcome to HP Support community.

1) Follow the same steps as you did to do network reset(hold X and wireless) for 10 secs.

2) Try one of these id and passwords to login to EWS page after reset

a)User id: Admin    Password : Admin

b)User id: Admin    Password:- password

I hope that helps.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you for the response.

No luck.  Neither got me past the request for user and password from the HP Easy Start program.

I was finally able to get the printer to connect using WPS; however, when I try to sign into the EWS in the web browser, I get a password dialog window that prompts for user and password, however the text in the box indicates that only a password is necessary.

HP Recommended

@MrMcBee

This might require one on one interaction to fix this issue.

I request you to talk to HP support.

They might have multiple options to help you with this.

1. Click on this link - https://support.hp.com/us-en/contact-hp?openCLC=true
  2. Select the country.
  3. Enter the serial of your device.
  4. Select the country from the drop-down.
  5. Click on "Show Options".
  6. Fill the web-form. A case number and phone number will now populate for you.

I hope that helps.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.