Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Common problems for Connectivity Issues
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Printer Wi-Fi, Connectivity Issues and Offline Status. Check out this link: HP printer is offline or unavailable.
HP Recommended
HP LaserJet Pro M102w
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have a HP LaserJet Pro M102w that will not connect to WIFI.  I print a configuration page and its network information is blank.  I try to use HP Easy Setup to get the printer connected to WIFI but it cannot find any of my WIFI networks.  My laptop and iPad are connected to network and are sitting right next to the printer.  I would like to start with a clean slate.  How do I factory reset this turd when I cannot reach it's web page?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@BehrTech,

Thanks for posting your query in the HP community. it will be a delight to assist you and to share this space with you. I have understood the post.

• Did this happen after a recent power outage or surge?
  • DId you change the router or your ISP before this?

For now, try the steps again as recommended in the user guide link: http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c05172884 to restore network defaults or factory defaults on the printer. Refer to page 73 for instructions on how to do it.

If this does not work, I will send you a private message to perform a super NVRAM reset on the printer that restores complete factory default settings for this printer. It is exclusive to this printer and does not work with any other model. I will send you a private message to assist you with the next course of action. Check your forum private message box in the upper right corner next to the bell icon. 

Good luck and keep me posted about the developments. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution as it will help several others with the same issue and give the post a Kudos for my efforts to help. Thank you and have a great week ahead

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

116 REPLIES 116
HP Recommended

@BehrTech,

Thanks for posting your query in the HP community. it will be a delight to assist you and to share this space with you. I have understood the post.

• Did this happen after a recent power outage or surge?
  • DId you change the router or your ISP before this?

For now, try the steps again as recommended in the user guide link: http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c05172884 to restore network defaults or factory defaults on the printer. Refer to page 73 for instructions on how to do it.

If this does not work, I will send you a private message to perform a super NVRAM reset on the printer that restores complete factory default settings for this printer. It is exclusive to this printer and does not work with any other model. I will send you a private message to assist you with the next course of action. Check your forum private message box in the upper right corner next to the bell icon. 

Good luck and keep me posted about the developments. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution as it will help several others with the same issue and give the post a Kudos for my efforts to help. Thank you and have a great week ahead

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi.

I need to perform perform a super NVRAM. Can you message me with details?  It is for a customer of ours.

HP Recommended

Hi

Can you send me the same details please?

I set a password recently on my m102w and can't for the life of me remember it.

Need to reset fully because i'm having trouble setting up for wireless.

Thank you.

HP Recommended

Hi,

I recently change my wifi router & my M102w printer would not connect to the new one. I have followed all the instructions in the manual for Restoring the factory-set defaults to no avail. The network summary prinout shows that it is shows the old router SSID.

I have reconnected it to the old router & still no joy! Do I junk the printer now?

I have tried to connect using wifi direct but all I get is a black screen and a message after about 4 minutes that the site can't be reached. 

By the way, the new printer is set to 2.4ghz.

Please HELP! I am frustrated.

Thank you.

HP Recommended

Bump

HP Recommended

I need to perform a super NVRAM. Can you message me with details?

HP Recommended

Hi @Sedens

Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

I have sent your a private message with the reset steps. Check next to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it.  

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi

Can you send me the same details please? I've been asking without success since the middle of May.

Thank you

HP Recommended

Hi @MT2019

I have sent you a private message with the steps to reset the printer. 

Let me know how that goes. 

Have a great day!

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.