Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
HP LaserJet Pro M102W
Mac OS X 10.11 El Capitan

Hi there.  I need help resetting this printer.  It was previously set up on a different router, but then it was moved to a new location, and all previous passwords/setups are nil.

I've searched this in the forums and tried different things.  I've looked at page 73 of the manual, and all the instructions are for Windows.  The IP address that the printer has internally doesn't allow me to do anything with the browser.

I've used the HP Easy Start program and got all the way to where I could pick a new wireless access point, but then it asks for the administrator username and password, neither of which I have anymore.

I'm guessing I need to reset the NVRAM?   I'd just like to get this guy set up in the new house and be able to use it's features fully.   Thank you for any help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@deralfenderson, Welcome to HP Support Community!

The only option left is to perform a full reset and re-initialize the printer. 

The reset instructions are specific for your printer and performing those steps on a different printer may brick the device. 

I've sent you a private message with reset instructions, follow the reset instruction to perform a full reset and re-initialize the printer. 

In order to access your private messages, click the private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Forums profile, next to your profile Name or simply click on this link.

Hope this helps!

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Kept fiddling, and was able to open the HP Embedded Web Server...  however, when I tried to reset the device to factory defaults, it asked for the administrator username and password.

So I guess I need someone to PM me the instructions to reset the NVRAM (as I've seen in similar posts with this same issue).

Thanks.  Really want to get this going.

HP Recommended

Private message sent

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

HP Recommended

I've followed instructions sent to me, but still having problems.

It keeps asking for administrator username and password, and I don't have these.

Why does this have to be so difficult?  I just want to add it to a new router.  Why is this so hard?

I don't even know if I've reset the NVRAM or not.

Please help, someone.   (And thank you Repairatrooper for at least trying)

HP Recommended

OK.  After printing out another configuration report, I've certainly reset something.

The previous wireless network configuration is no longer in the machine.  So I guess something got reset.

And using the HP Easy Start software, I get to where I can add this to my current router/network.

But I do not know the administrator username and password.  How do I find this info?  

HP Recommended

This is what I get.  Can anyone at HP help me with this?   Repairatrooper has been going out of his way with great advice, but I'm stuck.

This is where we get.This is where we get.

HP Recommended

@deralfenderson, Welcome to HP Support Community!

The only option left is to perform a full reset and re-initialize the printer. 

The reset instructions are specific for your printer and performing those steps on a different printer may brick the device. 

I've sent you a private message with reset instructions, follow the reset instruction to perform a full reset and re-initialize the printer. 

In order to access your private messages, click the private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Forums profile, next to your profile Name or simply click on this link.

Hope this helps!

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.